diy solar

diy solar

Battery Equalizer for 2S2P AGM

gepar

After some thoughts i decided that i want to buy battery balancer for my 4 AGM batteries with 2S2P connection.
126628-c0153e125e4d6d93e6731ba80f0e0f45.jpg
But i can't find any that totally fit my connection pattern.
Should i buy two equalizers like PLC-10 for each battery pair and connect like this
mazava.jpeg
Or buy just one HA01 and connect like this (honestly this schema look suspicious to me and I don't get how they suppose to connect white cable to all batteries)
Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 22.08.46.png
Also i found HA02 for 4 batteries but seems like it's only fit for serial connected batteries.

Last edited:
You'll need 2 balancers, one per string, as you've identified with the PLC-10, or you can use 2X HA01 as you would the 2X PLC-10 without connection between the HA01.

The connection between the two PLC-10 doesn't have a lot of value. If it's an option, sure, it doesn't hurt, but the two strings in parallel means they're at the same voltage already. You really just need the balancing between the elements in a single string. In other words, connecting the PLC-01 together to treat all four elements isn't going to get you much beyond the balancing of the individual strings with 2X HA01.

Don't get too hung up on the balance current. In most cases, the stated balance current is only given when there is a full 1V difference between the batteries. When you're dealing with a more typical 0.05-0.10V difference between healthy batteries, you're getting 5-10% of the claimed current.

Being a cheap bastid, and having used 4A balancers for this purpose in the past on used FLA of suboptimal health, I'd gravitate towards the HA01.

Last edited:
Ok, got it, no special need to buy anything more expensive than HA01 and connect in one piece. I'll try to find HA01 at local market, if don't, then buy plc10.

After some thoughts i decided that i want to buy battery balancer for my 4 AGM batteries with 2S2P connection.
Just out of curiosity, what is going on the leads you to want/need a balancer(s)?

Are these old or mismatched batteries?
We’re they charged equally before connecting 2S2P?

Just out of curiosity, what is going on the leads you to want/need a balancer(s)?

Are these old or mismatched batteries?
We’re they charged equally before connecting 2S2P?
It will be 4 new AGM 95Ah each, no mismatch: 2 I have already and use it about a month and 2 batteries on the way (Exide replace EK950 with EK960 in my region so it was a little tricky to find fresh EK950).
Balancers is more for my calmness. I remember first answer in earlier topic that with new identical AGM full charge before first usage will be enough, but china balancers doesn't cost so much so why not.
Upd: found one HC01 and one PLC-10 on local market so I'll try them both.

Last edited:
Back