diy solar

diy solar

Battery Hookup 280ah 17kw Modules Battery build (16s)

I considered the EG4 18k but there was people talking about issues with them and bad customer service from them. I do not know a lot about the Sol-ark 15k but know it is similar to the EG4. After reading about the Schneider it sounds like its made like a tank and great customer service. I have not committed to anything yet, that is the one I am considering the most as of now though. It will be a few months before I really start setting up the solar stuff as I just bought the new house, have my new shop to build out (have epoxy floors being done next week in the pole barn, then start on the shop), moving all our crap from my current home to the new and then doing some work on the old house to get it ready to sell.

I got tired of all the crap inverters out there. GroWatt 12k was beast, but had hardware issues, I tried EG4 6500's as well. The EG4's literaly blew up, so I went with Schneider XW Pro 4868 - Never had an issue since. I'm completely off grid, so therefore dependability is a must.

IMG_9931.jpeg
IMG_9928.jpegIMG_9925.jpeg

IMG_9921.jpeg

Ordered these connectors from china. States 400a, I shouldn’t see these numbers, this requires very little work now.

2pcs 400A New Energy Storage Terminal Through-wall Terminal Lithium Battery Positive And Negative Copper Terminal Connector

I used a 1 1/8 hole saw without a pilot bit, and a carbide bur on my dremel to line up the holes. Less than 5 mins for the modification.

Wish I would have had this with the first battery. So this is Mark v2

Back