diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

The only time I have seen this is when sellers are hiding the real QR code and putting a fake one on the side, its very common on REPT cells as REPT will actuall mar up, divot up the QR code by the vent so it can not be re-lasered.

If Docan is doing this then they really have hit a new low...
If REPT is repurposed. I specifically asked if the cells were new before purchase. Amy said that Docan does not sell used cells

I think you need to verify yourself my guy, that is if you even want to know, I'll understand either way.

Well, kinda don’t want to know.. but if there’s a balance problem with the cells or they do not supply full capacity I will then check the QR code as you suggested.

They have arrived! They look very good. No swelling at all, completely flat. Each cell was 3.293-3.295. Will be giving them their first charge tomorrow. Hopefully the voltages stay close enough during the steep part of the curve. I’m not pre top balancing them, hoping the bms will balance them out while absorbing for 2 hours..

I got the EXACT same cells in yesterday, all perfectly flat, each cell at 3.27V. I WILL peel off the black sticker when I get home and tell you guys the result...

I got the EXACT same cells in yesterday, all perfectly flat, each cell at 3.27V. I WILL peel off the black sticker when I get home and tell you guys the result...
Okay... I had a real close look at my cells... and that IS the QR code. The QR code is inset into the black top covering , and that is the only top covering on the cell. The QR code is actually part of the top black covering. There is no black sticker covering anything up, nothing added or abnormal near the vent. Unless they peeled off the entire black top cover, replaced it, and then put insulators and welded the posts, that IS the original QR code

Okay... I had a real close look at my cells... and that IS the QR code. The QR code is inset into the black top covering , and that is the only top covering on the cell. The QR code is actually part of the top black covering. There is no black sticker covering anything up, nothing added or abnormal near the vent. Unless they peeled off the entire black top cover, replaced it, and then put insulators and welded the posts, that IS the original QR code

That’s what is being suggested. That they removed the original black cover and replaced it with a new cover and new QR code. That is why he suggested removing it to see under the black cover. It should come off easily.

I’m hoping they simply replaced the black cover because they need to remove it when they laser weld

Last edited:
That’s what is being suggested. That they removed the original black cover and replaced it with a new cover and new QR code. That is why he suggested removing it to see under the black cover. It should come off easily.
I lifted the corner... Nothing but battery. No way I would take it off... There would be nothing to see and it would mess up the top of the battery.

I lifted the corner... Nothing but battery. No way I would take it off... There would be nothing to see and it would mess up the top of the battery.
Under that black sticker there should be a remnant of the old QR code if he is correct.. it just pulls right off and can be put right back on... it’s just adhesive..

I lifted that. There is nothing but battery there.
Thank you. I'm about ready to order 16 more, based on my last two orders I should have no worries...
Now the decision to go with the US stock and mix brands in the bank or stick with EVE and wait for China shipping for the first time. I need more panels than anything at this point so I'll probably wait for the EVE...

rd is saying it's the raw cell under the plastic meaning they aren't covered.
Yes of course there is certainly a cell under the black plastic. That shouldn’t stop him from pulling it off, taking a picture and putting it back on. Easy peezy

If those are REPT 280's, the large QR code is marked up and they can't weld over it so they replace the entire black insulator on top covering up the original large QR code and only show the small QR code on the side. Those are Grade B and not only that but they took the effort to deceive it :ROFLMAO: Sounds like a great company!

What do you mean by “they can’t weld over it”.
Just guessing, and hoping.. I’d think that whenever they laser weld they would remove the black plastic because it gets messed up from the laser welding. Then replace it..

Can't weld over it like they do with the B on the EVE LF280K
Not following sorry,,
When you say weld over it, are you referring to the laser welded studs.. or are you saying weld over the QR code itself to change it? Are you saying that if the cells are repurposed/used the QR code it possibly damaged so they cover it up with new black insulator because they can’t fix it by welding a new QR code over it? Are QR codes usually welded onto the cells?

Last edited:
Here is a Grade B REPT 280. What you can look for if you peel up that black insulator top

Your saying this cell in the pic you shared is used? Aren’t all cells going to be grade B unless you pay $200+ for each cell? I’m not saying all grade B cells used just not good enough for EV

Last edited:
Back