diy solar

diy solar

Bergey on eBay

OzSolar

Whatever you did, that's what you planned.
I'm not saying you should buy this but if there was no talking you out of small wind this would be quite the set up.

If you could get it for not much more than the opening bid it would be hard to pass up. It will be a major undertaking to remove and move it. If it was closer I'd be taking a look at it knowing full well it would be nothing more than "dynamic yard art" in my area.

A few Bergey's a year pop up on eBay. Often the listing will say something like "didn't meet expectations". Don't say you weren't warned.

You'd probably need to rent a Lull or similar piece of heavy equipment if you didn't have one and it might even take tractor trailer to move it.

From experience I can say that you'll rarely get more than 300 kWh/month in most wind regimes. I've seen them do less than 100 kWh/month during summer and never more than 900 kWhs/month in the windiest parts of Kansas.

With some confidence I can say that it will probably never make enough kWh to offset the cost of moving and setting it backup and your place. But then again, that's not why we do many of the things we do.

It's only got one bid and it looks like the reserve has been met. Dang... that tilt up tower is probably worth 50k all by itself.

You've only got a few hours left!

1705773218871.png

$5000 in solar panels would be a much better choice for most people
You are correct sir (or ma'am). Way better choice for 100%, not just most people.

No one on this forum has spent or will likely ever spend more time alerting people to the reality (some call it "bashing") of small wind than me. See below from my original post.

With some confidence I can say that it will probably never make enough kWh to offset the cost of moving and setting it backup and your place. But then again, that's not why we do many of the things we do.

Back