diy solar

diy solar

best parallel configuration for 4 SOK 206ah?

Jaya

Can I go with the standard parallel configuration (pos to pos, neg to neg) or do I need to do a more balanced load configuration?

I keep seeing people oscillate between how the connect/disconnect terminals. My understanding has always been disconnect negative, then positive, reconnect positive then negative.

Consult Victron's Wiring Unlimited book. They show you 4X different ways to parallel batteries.

And so much more.

Rules for disconnect are by application, not universal. For a typical power system, (-) is connected first and disconnected last as it's typically grounded.

I have very limited internet, as I live remotely off-grid. For some reason, this forum isn't heavy on the bandwidth. Videos or pdfs/long documents are difficult.

Sure. Based on the diagram, I was asking if the standard (diagonally) was good enough for the SOK 206ah due to their BMS or if something like the halfway would be better.

Diagonally is the least balanced. Center batteries tend to be about 10-20% below the outers.

SOK/BMS/whatever doesn't have any bearing. Pick what works best for you and your application. If you never intend to use the batteries near their rated currents, then it doesn't matter.

diy solar

diy solar
Back