diy solar

diy solar

Better ways to wall mount enclosures

totalconfusion

How do you guys mount your enclosures/boxes? Just screwed strait in to the wall?

I want the ability to take it on and off the wall easily, are there any wall mounting kits around? What terminology should I use?

VESA? Or is that more for monitors?

Maybe DIN rails are the way to go? Would they take 100kg load?

I considered repurposing a TV wall mount kit like this because they are cheap enough and will take the weight - but most of them will be far too big for a normal enclosure size (300mmx500mm or something like that)

Cheers

tv_wall_mount.jpg

Just use a couple drywall screws... should hold up 300kg no worries

Kidding aside, most items that you would want to remove from the wall come with their own rail or the capability to put on a DIN rail or conduit strut. If you plan on mounting anything over 100KG to the wall, make sure the wall can support that kind of weight.

Kidding aside, most items that you would want to remove from the wall come with their own rail or the capability to put on a DIN rail or conduit strut. If you plan on mounting anything over 100KG to the wall, make sure the wall can support that kind of weight.
I say 100kg because that's the bare minimum I'd want to use in an environment that has children in it, they like to hang off things. Most of the enclosures I've seen are just boxes you screw to the wall. Maybe it's different in industrial settings. I wouldn't want to pay $300+ for an enclosure for a little 12v set up, but I do want it to look nice, be safe and be removable.

Back