diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 Connect to home load center?

ajoyce0830

I reached out to Bluetti, and they informed me that I couldn’t connect the new AC200 to circuits at the home main panel. Is there a creative and safe way to wire the upstream side of our kitchen circuit, for example, to a 3-prong pigtail and plug into a Bluetti?

Safe way is a manual disconnect for the service feed into you house. After that you can have some fun and double dong it. You'd still want to turn off that circuit at the panel also.

Right on, thank you. So if I understand correctly, the manual disconnect would be a power transfer switching toggling between the 2 sources of power for the same circuit. What is double donging?

Right on, thank you. So if I understand correctly, the manual disconnect would be a power transfer switching toggling between the 2 sources of power for the same circuit. What is double donging?
And turn off at the panel while working on not while supplying from panels/solar generator right?

If you have frequent power outages, you should install a transfer switch like they use for a portable generator. Then plug the transfer into the Bluetti or whatever else that can make power. How many circuits would you want to backup? Can the Bluetti supply enough power?

Here is a low cost single circuit transfer switch.

When the switch is in the "LINE" position, it connects your load to the original breaker in the panel. Switch it to "GEN" and your load is fed from the plug in the box. You just use a normal extension cord to a generator outlet, or your Bluetti etc. This keeps it safe as well as legal. They make these with more circuits if you want to be able to backup other devices as well. I was using a 6 circuit box like this

at my previous house with my 5,000 watt generator. Made it very easy to switch over the refrigerator, furnace, and Dish Network.

If you have frequent power outages, you should install a transfer switch like they use for a portable generator. Then plug the transfer into the Bluetti or whatever else that can make power. How many circuits would you want to backup? Can the Bluetti supply enough power?

Here is a low cost single circuit transfer switch.

When the switch is in the "LINE" position, it connects your load to the original breaker in the panel. Switch it to "GEN" and your load is fed from the plug in the box. You just use a normal extension cord to a generator outlet, or your Bluetti etc. This keeps it safe as well as legal. They make these with more circuits if you want to be able to backup other devices as well. I was using a 6 circuit box like this

at my previous house with my 5,000 watt generator. Made it very easy to switch over the refrigerator, furnace, and Dish Network.
Could you use the 20216A to create 6 independent circuits to run power off of solar with a Titan generator?

Yes, that should work just like any generator feeding the transfer switch. The inverter side of the Titan looks like it is rated to 3,000 watts. As long as your total load at any time is under that, you should have no problems. That it the nice thing about having 6 separate switches. You could shut off a small room A/C unit while you turn on the refrigerator to make sure you don't overload the generator or inverter feeding into it.

Back