diy solar

diy solar

BMS (JBD) temp sensor broken from board

12street

I broke the temp1 monitor from my JBD 120A BMS -this looks like an absolute beast (small/tight/close to device) to solder back on. Is there any way to disconnect the temp monitoring thru bluetooth, as it currently shuts the system down with overtemp warning. I hate to throw away $120 for a feature that I don't really require. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• temp sensor broken.jpg
    temp sensor broken.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 4
It may be possible to change the protection temperature levels to a value higher that reported by an open circuit sensor.
If its an Overkill supplied JBD they may replace FOC.
If you have soldering skills a direct connection to the pcb could be an option.

It may be possible to change the protection temperature levels to a value higher that reported by an open circuit sensor.
If its an Overkill supplied JBD they may replace FOC.
If you have soldering skills a direct connection to the pcb could be an option.
I have some skill, but fingers and equipment far too large for that job :) I had not thought to try setting value higher, thank you.

FYI, in case someone needs this information in the future mikefitz suggestion was perfect: I changed the temp setting to-35* and the BMS is happy across a 4 hour test.

I believe you can uncheck the external temperature sensors via the Overkill app. Not sure which one (the ntc entries at the bottom) you need to disable but trying them one at a time should be ok to do.

NTC.png

I believe you can uncheck the external temperature sensors via the Overkill app. Not sure which one (the ntc entries at the bottom) you need to disable but trying them one at a time should be ok to do.

View attachment 187646
For some reason changing those settings wouldn't stick, but changing the value did.
My app is the XiaoXiang rather than overkill version, so perhaps that...

For some reason changing those settings wouldn't stick, but changing the value did.
My app is the XiaoXiang rather than overkill version, so perhaps that...
I use both, prefer the XiaoXiang to the Overkill. Most folks don't pay to unlock the editing section though so I usually quote the Overkill offering because it's free. Glad you found a suitable workaround.

Back