diy solar

diy solar

Bought 16 EVE LF280 Batteries

Yeah that's not a good look if they did that. I just put in a rfq, let's see what they come back with. All of this stuff with alibab always feels a little shady to me anyway

I wanted to make a bigger order with senberry but was a little afraid because they are new. I had my Chinese friend contact him just to get a feel if they are ok. I did learn that he speaks zero english and does not understand why he was banned from the forum. I tried to explain but not sure if it got through to him.

I feel a little better about them after talking through my friend and might take a chance on a bigger order

Thanks for that update...it is valuable and raises my confidence in him. But Mr. Dao needs to learn to compete and honor his pricing, and if he makes a mistake be up front about it and negotiate a new price. It's kinda a bitter sweet thing with me. I still like the guy. I really liked his thread in the corporate section with all the informative photos and I wish I would have saved it. I wonder if he would be allowed back with a new user name provided he understood he needs to stay in the corporate section? I believe he does understand that much. @Will Prowse

Alternatively one can start a thread like the Xuba thread. However Mr. Dao can not post in that thread. We as forum members can.

The price of 73 per cell is good price, DDP shipping for 2.76 to USA is excellent, I'm afraid not DDP?

Not sure about insurance!!
DDP all responsibility is for the seller.
You don't care if it get lost or damage, is its his responsibility.
The trade assurance will make sure you get your money in those cases.

Alibaba do have inspection service, optical, so you are sure you get the product you paid for, and more extensive, where they test a few products.
(Start engine, turn on equipment, for LiFePO4 do measurements)

If the order is made without DDP, you probably have surprise when they arrive for USA tax and import charges.
images (4).jpeg

I still like the guy. I really liked his thread in the corporate section with all the informative photos and I wish I would have saved it.
Same here, wish I had saved it.

For a non speaking English person his post show real good knowledge of the product and English!

Maybe he copied it from other person?
Google translate doesn't make this good sentences.

Something "smells off" about Mr. Dao.
You can't have perfect knowledge of a language during posts, and suddenly lose it, when things go south.

Maybe he hops forums?
Getting a few buyere till banned?

This doesn't mean he is a scammer.
Just something's off about all of it.
Good Alibaba have your backs!!

It's always good advice to make video during opening of the boxes, to avoid confusion.
Make sure you have clear shot of trace code and sender/receiver!!

Most people in China can use YouTube.
For Alibaba it is the preferred place to share.

He might have copied the information in that thread...I don't know. But still I wish I would have saved it. I might have copied it back here somewhere...lol.

I doubt he is scamming. He posted he had to pay Alibaba $5000 to be a gold star member which he is. A quick search reveals:

Not anyone can get listed as a Gold Supplier. First of all, you need to be able to pay the yearly membership fee, ranging between US$5,000 to US$10,000. The applicant must also be a legally registered entity. Alibaba also checks and verifies the applicant's documents, such as the business license.

He exhibited a lot of transparency. But my gut feeling tells me he knew he was spamming the forum. You and I warned him, you more so than I. Maybe a mod did too...we don't know. Seems to me he knew English well enough to at least remove the link from his signature. He now knows to stay in the corporate section. But would he if allowed back? I don't know.

It also bothered me he quoted $4 kg, then went to $6 kg, then someone said he was quoted $5 kg for DDP Shipping.

My thinking on the best way to move forward with this is to wait until someone receives their batteries and posts. Then start a section like the Xuba section. After that see if he can be allowed back to the corporate section. These are my thoughts only. I have no control over how Will runs his forum. But I believe that would be fair.

10 days from placing order to receiving tracking number.

He sent videos of his operation, nothing specific to my order. Lots of palatalized boxes in what looks to be fresh boxes. He shoots the video during our conversation.

He sent videos of his operation, nothing specific to my order. Lots of palatalized boxes in what looks to be fresh boxes. He shoots the video during our conversation.

I like that type of transparency ...very cool. So I assume this was on whatsapp? I have done a little video two way on whatsapp and it works great. Thanks for the update.

Interesting. So he does have an understanding of English? Curious since you said you were conversing with him.

Video specific to our conversation shows up as we talk. Don't know what method he uses.

Yes, but we check each other to make sure we actually understand context. Its about 90% correct translation.

I ordered 16 of the EVE 280Ah LiFePO4 batteries on 7/11/20 from Shenzhen Basen Technology, China. Cost was $107/kWh delivered via boat/FedEx. Should arrive in 25-35 days according to seller.

I was told yesterday they've shipped.
Still waiting on tracking number..

Any update Steve? I'm just about to order 20-32 from Shenzhen Basen Technology

Any update Steve? I'm just about to order 20-32 from Shenzhen Basen Technology
Sorry just saw this. I'm still waiting for a tracking number. I don't think that this wait is unusual though.

Back