diy solar

diy solar

Can Solar & Wind Fix Everything (e.g., Climate Change) with a battery break-through?

That is not what these sites seem to say. [that climate change is making El Niño worse]
The articles I referenced were just about the "signs" that we might have a strong El Niño this year.

I suppose climate change would have to affect it one way or another since it's driven by wind patterns. But, for the last several years we've experienced la Niña, so I'd have to read through the papers referenced in your articles to see why they think that.

When deglaciation began to occur, what year did earth reach "normal" temperature to
where it shouldn't warm up anymore and any remaining ice should stop melting?
From the graph these guys did, you can get a good idea of the "normal" cycle.
A rapid warming (tipping points no doubt ; -), followed by a rapid drop,
followed by a longer slower drop. Most of the peaks are only a few
thousand years, but some look to be quadruple that.

"Rapid" in terms of geology. A pixel in that chart represents a couple thousand years.

So, to answer your question, it started leveling off around ten thousand years ago.
1684003446775.png

If you look at just the last few thousand years you can see more clearly where it started leveling off and why some believe we reached the "natural" peak. That's what originally led to the prediction in the '50s that we'd be going into an ice age (it still pops up every so often), the idea being that peaks only generally last a few thousand years and we're around 10,000.

Beware that the timescale shift in the chart below makes the peak appear longer and the slope change from 1000 bc to 250 bc might be noise.
The really odd bit is the upturn of a degree in the last 100 years.

1684003976956.png

The articles I referenced were just about the "signs" that we might have a strong El Niño this year.

I suppose climate change would have to affect it one way or another since it's driven by wind patterns. But, for the last several years we've experienced la Niña, so I'd have to read through the papers referenced in your articles to see why they think that.

From the graph these guys did, you can get a good idea of the "normal" cycle.
A rapid warming (tipping points no doubt ; -), followed by a rapid drop,
followed by a longer slower drop. Most of the peaks are only a few
thousand years, but some look to be quadruple that.

"Rapid" in terms of geology. A pixel in that chart represents a couple thousand years.

So, to answer your question, it started leveling off around ten thousand years ago.
View attachment 149065

If you look at just the last few thousand years you can see more clearly where it started leveling off and why some believe we reached the "natural" peak. That's what originally led to the prediction in the '50s that we'd be going into an ice age (it still pops up every so often), the idea being that peaks only generally last a few thousand years and we're around 10,000.

Beware that the timescale shift in the chart below makes the peak appear longer and the slope change from 1000 bc to 250 bc might be noise.
The really odd bit is the upturn of a degree in the last 100 years.

Weird. So temperatures leveled off in the same millenia 3 mile thick ice sheets began their retreat from North America?

The last 100 years use actual thermometers.

The prior billion are inferred.

Wow.. You really are slow to learn.. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to get you to understand and its like putting a square peg in a round hole.

The thing I acknowledge is that I am not privy to that information, and neither are you. The only thing you know is what wacky quacky websites, owned and edited by wacky quacky people want you to know.

But you don't seem capable of grasping this simple concept, and that's a bit disturbing. And since you are not capable of grasping this very basic, grade school level concept, then discussing chain of custody, what is or isn't evidence, and what evidence might mean or not mean, it completely out of the question.

It's like trying to teach calculus to someone who doesn't yet understand basic addition or subtraction and has never seen fractions.. and worse yet, to someone who thinks they're competent in mathematics.

So you don't think hunter bidens laptop is real because "quack a doodle websites" and you think I'm an idiot.

Are court documents sufficient proof or are you simply arguing that nothing is ever knowable?

The only reason someone wouldn't think the laptop is fake is because they dismiss the evidence proving its real.

Along that line of thinking, Ted Bundy didn't murder anybody because all the evidence against him is fake, including his own admission of guilt.

Right?

So you don't think hunter bidens laptop is real because "quack a doodle websites" and you think I'm an idiot.
What the F*ck? Even my 10 year old has better comprehension than you.

I do not have an opinion on the issue concerning the Hunter laptop thing.

Are court documents sufficient proof or are you simply arguing that nothing is ever knowable?
Court documents do not constitute proof of anything, they are simply records of procedure. Unless the court documents are splattered with blood containing DNA in a murder case, they are simply records.

Some types of depositions can be used as evidence, but I believe that's a special case. Most depositions are part of the discovery process, which then (possibly) leads to evidence. You'll have to read about this yourself as I am not a lawyer and my understanding of law is quite limited.

The only reason someone wouldn't think the laptop is fake is because they dismiss the evidence proving its real.

Along that line of thinking, Ted Bundy didn't murder anybody because all the evidence against him is fake, including his own admission of guilt.

Right?
The only reason someone would have an opinion at all about the laptop is because they are a gullible and easily manipulated idiot.

If there is legitimate evidence of a crime, the DOJ will prosecute him.. if not, they'll drop it.

You don't seem capable of understanding how this works.

I do not have an opinion on the issue concerning the Hunter laptop thing.

Court documents do not constitute proof of anything, they are simply records of procedure. Unless the court documents are splattered with blood containing DNA in a murder case, they are simply records.

Some types of depositions can be used as evidence, but I believe that's a special case. Most depositions are part of the discovery process, which then (possibly) leads to evidence. You'll have to read about this yourself as I am not a lawyer and my understanding of law is quite limited.

If there is legitimate evidence of a crime, the DOJ will prosecute him.. if not, they'll drop it.

I see. So evidence aside, the laptop is fake because court evidence, the owner saying it's his and photos and emails on it are Russian disinformation and not to be believed.

So you don't worry about anything. The experts have it handled and will mete out justice if necessary and without political bias or nepotism.

So in essence you aren't really a person. Just a glob of protoplasm that your betters use at their pleasure.

I see. So evidence aside, the laptop is fake because court evidence, the owner saying it's his and photos and emails on it are Russian disinformation and not to be believed.
Even rocks are not that dense.

So you don't worry about anything.
I worry about all kinds of stuff.. In fact, I have so much to worry about, I have to prioritize my worries in a descending list of importance.

Maybe that's the problem with folks like you? I'm astonished by the amount of knowledge you think you have about the laptop thing. Regardless of the validity of your research, you have obviously dedicated significant time to it.

Which begs for a response concerning your question: How empty and meaningless does a person's life have to be for them to invest time and energy into doing something so useless and irrelevant as researching the nuances of political posturing? I have better things to worry about.

Lets see here.. I'm building a barn, have to install trusses, run power, dig a french drain. I'm also installing a small solar system and battery backup for one neighbor, and promised to help another build a deer blind. On top of that, I'm supervising my child's homework, trying to find a nice fast laptop to mount in front of the treadmill, and need to take a pallet of wood down for neighbor to shoot into. If that doesn't keep me busy, I have a couple dozen fruit trees I need to spray, some old fence junk to clean up, and a golf cart thats waiting for the rear springs to be replaced, and I still need to go check neighbor's water softener because they said they didn't think it was working correctly.

And when the sun goes down and it gets dark, I'm hoping to have the energy to repack the chute into my daughters rocket, load it up with another motor and wire a new igniter into it.

Seriously, you need to get a life.. If you're paying attention to such mundane things as a laptop, then you need to turn off YOUR computer and go do something worth doing.. because right now, you're wasting what little time you have.

The experts have it handled and will mete out justice if necessary and without political bias or nepotism.
Nepotism? You mean like Trump putting family members in cabinet positions? You might want to use a dictionary.

So in essence you aren't really a person. Just a glob of protoplasm that your betters use at their pleasure.
Leave my protoplasm out of this.

My break is over.. going back to work.

Even rocks are not that dense.

I worry about all kinds of stuff.. In fact, I have so much to worry about, I have to prioritize my worries in a descending list of importance.

Maybe that's the problem with folks like you? I'm astonished by the amount of knowledge you think you have about the laptop thing. Regardless of the validity of your research, you have obviously dedicated significant time to it.

Which begs for a response concerning your question: How empty and meaningless does a person's life have to be for them to invest time and energy into doing something so useless and irrelevant as researching the nuances of political posturing? I have better things to worry about.

Lets see here.. I'm building a barn, have to install trusses, run power, dig a french drain. I'm also installing a small solar system and battery backup for one neighbor, and promised to help another build a deer blind. On top of that, I'm supervising my child's homework, trying to find a nice fast laptop to mount in front of the treadmill, and need to take a pallet of wood down for neighbor to shoot into. If that doesn't keep me busy, I have a couple dozen fruit trees I need to spray, some old fence junk to clean up, and a golf cart thats waiting for the rear springs to be replaced, and I still need to go check neighbor's water softener because they said they didn't think it was working correctly.

And when the sun goes down and it gets dark, I'm hoping to have the energy to repack the chute into my daughters rocket, load it up with another motor and wire a new igniter into it.

Seriously, you need to get a life.. If you're paying attention to such mundane things as a laptop, then you need to turn off YOUR computer and go do something worth doing.. because right now, you're wasting what little time you have.

Nepotism? You mean like Trump putting family members in cabinet positions? You might want to use a dictionary.

Leave my protoplasm out of this.

My break is over.. going back to work.

The vaccine mandate, if not stopped by the Supreme Court, would have cost me my job.

When you compare reality to what mainstream news and governments justification was, it's clear government is being bought off. I don't like that. I expect a little backscratching here and there but that's going too far.

Same thing with Global Warming and the self-flagulating crowd who thinks it's a problem. It's not. The financial sector wants to sink its claws into oil money and carbon credits. The problems will come when government and the populace starts to acquiesce just like with covid.

I agree you're not worried about government corruption and things like border control, taxation and pandemic restrictions.

Heck, maybe you enjoy open borders, vaccine mandates, the president collecting foreign bribes through fake shell corporations and the fear mongering around climate change.

So if you're not worried about those things and are super busy, why are you worried about people who are concerned about those things?

He's in a high office. Normal rule of law doesn't apply to the executive so "illegal" or "legal" doesn't mean much in the context of receiving money from foreign powers.

You're also another guy who claims to be an electrical engineer.

Are you OK with Biden taking money/bribes from our foreign competitors and then making decisions that have force of law and affect the lives and livelihoods of Americans?

That doesn't seem like America first.
Show me the evidence that he did that! The House committee sure hasn't. Even Doocey from Fox called Comer out on his nothingburger investigation.

Political theatre!

When I hear "American First" reminds me of the extremist far right wing anti-Semitic pro Hilter group trying to keep us out of WW2.

Show me the evidence that he did that! The House committee sure hasn't. Even Doocey from Fox called Comer out on his nothingburger investigation.

Political theatre!

When I hear "American First" reminds me of the extremist far right wing anti-Semitic pro Hilter group trying to keep us out of WW2.

Why are you citing Fox News?

Murphyguy says people who cite Fox News are stupid.

Haven't you read any of his posts? He'll be back in a little while. He's busy building a barn right now.

Political theatre!

What kinds of sources are acceptable to you?

Murphyguy has said evidence submitted under oath to a court isn't acceptable.

Which means videos, photos, emails and admission of guilt aren't acceptable.

So what kind of evidence will you accept?

The vaccine mandate, if not stopped by the Supreme Court, would have cost me my job.

When you compare reality to what mainstream news and governments justification was, it's clear government is being bought off. I don't like that. I expect a little backscratching here and there but that's going too far.
The vaccine mandate is something you SHOULD be paying attention to.. That does affect you on a significant level.

I understood the gov mandate, understood why they did it and I did not object... but I would have taken another path if it had been up to me. You see, there are a lot of stupid people in this country and what the gov did with the mandate, was to protect those people from their own ignorance. Because the other option(s) was to either 1) Let the hospital system collapse or 2) Deny hospitalization to anyone not vaccinated.

Personally, I would have gone with #2.. If you show up sick with covid to the hospital and you are NOT vaccinated, you'll be turned away to make room for people who are vaccinated.. and furthermore, if we do have a bed available, your insurance would not be required to cover it.

I'm a big fan of personal responsibility.... and personal reward or consequences based on those choices.

Same thing with Global Warming and the self-flagulating crowd who thinks it's a problem. It's not. The financial sector wants to sink its claws into oil money and carbon credits. The problems will come when government and the populace starts to acquiesce just like with covid.
That's your ignorance talking. Go to school, get an education in science so you understand how everything around you works.. and after 4 to 6 years, when you have a basic to semi-advanced understanding of physics, then we can talk.. Until then, you're not espousing your own opinion because you're not qualified or educated enough to have an opinion.. You're parroting the opinion someone else gave you.

You don't find it odd that all your supposedly "personal" opinions line up with the conservative politics? That should be a hint. Your opinions are all handed to you, as they are most of the conservative uneducated crowds.

I agree you're not worried about government corruption and things like border control, taxation and pandemic restrictions.
Corruption is everywhere.. always has been, always will be. Our government is organized in such a way as to minimize it, and the system mostly works very well.. far better than any other country.

Border control? ROFLMAO. our borders have been open for 200+ years.. why the concern of the past 10 years all of a sudden? What changed? I never heard a word about it in the 70's, 80's or 90's.. Not until Obama's years did the conservatives create a stink and tell you it was an issue.

Heck, maybe you enjoy open borders, vaccine mandates, the president collecting foreign bribes through fake shell corporations and the fear mongering around climate change.

So if you're not worried about those things and are super busy, why are you worried about people who are concerned about those things?
Open borders isn't an issue. Already covered vaccine mandates.

Fear mongering? You mean like a president standing up and claiming "If you don't vote for me, you won't have a country" ??

You really need to go to college, read more books.. At least pick up a few books about political manipulation..

What kinds of sources are acceptable to you?

Murphyguy has said evidence submitted under oath to a court isn't acceptable.

Which means videos, photos, emails and admission of guilt aren't acceptable.

So what kind of evidence will you accept?
Show me any of this that specifically names Joe Biden. Even Senator Ron Johnson admits there is no evidence. You would think he would claim there is evidence agains Biden if there was any.

The house committee literally put out the report a couple days ago saying they had no evidence showing Joe Biden was involved. Do you not believe the house committee now?

I swear some of you morons need to learn how to read. How on earth did one sperm win the competion to become you is puzzling.

Show me any of this that specifically names Joe Biden. Even Senator Ron Johnson admits there is no evidence. You would think he would claim there is evidence agains Biden if there was any.

The house committee literally put out the report a couple days ago saying they had no evidence showing Joe Biden was involved. Do you not believe the house committee now?

What evidence will you accept and not "poo poo" as Murphyguy does?

Just look how excited the committe members are reporting that they have no evidence against Joe Biden.
10dc-investigate1-fqjw-articleLarge.jpg

Murphyguy would say that's just a committee report and therfore not evidence.

And you're not a lawyer so how do you know what constitutes evidence or not?
Do you not understand the difference between a report and evidence?

Reports examine evidence and then they... wait for it.. waaait for it... They report!

I'm not a lawyer either.. one does not need to be a lawyer to understand basic law. But since that is something they don't really teach in grade school, you have to seek out that information on your own.

Back