diy solar

diy solar

Can someone check my math?

Bill Ding Homes

Here's the situation, and sorry if this is the wrong forum,

30 x 445w panel 49.5voc 11.44isc

Going into 2 eg4 all in ones 6500ex (8000w in, 500voc) each.

My plan is to split into 2 sets of 15. Wire 5 panels in series, and paralell 3 groups for each inverter. Does this make sense?

What is the MPPT voltage range (optimised) for your eg4’s?
5 in series will be about 200Vmp

Thinking 7 in series, 2P would be easier, get volts up and amps down. This is only 28 panels.
You could do this without fusing strings (required for 3 in parallel and up). Use simple Y connectors.

What is the MPPT voltage range (optimised) for your eg4’s?
5 in series will be about 200Vmp

Thinking 7 in series, 2P would be easier, get volts up and amps down. This is only 28 panels.
You could do this without fusing strings (required for 3 in parallel and up). Use simple Y connectors.
I am not sure what the range is, it just tells me 500vdc. I am assuming 250 per mppt since they both have 2

There should be a start-up voltage, a range over which MPPT is optimised and a maximum voltage that you must never exceed.

My plan is to split into 2 sets of 15. Wire 5 panels in series, and paralell 3 groups for each inverter. Does this make sense?
It will work but you probably would want combiner boxes (these are nice!) to add fusing and connectivity. Standard MC4 connectors won't handle the amps. Your wiring would need to be more than 10AWG.

32 or 28 panels as 8S or 7S strings would be easiest and cheapest to wire up with standard MC4 Y connectors. No fuses required.

It will work but you probably would want combiner boxes (these are nice!) to add fusing and connectivity. Standard MC4 connectors won't handle the amps. Your wiring would need to be more than 10AWG.

32 or 28 panels as 8S or 7S strings would be easiest and cheapest to wire up with standard MC4 Y connectors. No fuses required.
Perfect. Thank you

Back