diy solar

diy solar

Can you mount EG4 batteries upright?

OnGrid

i want to setup one or two EG4 server rack batteries upgright (the handles facing up)?

Can this be done, if so, are any of you doing this?

I've had no difficulty with mine being vertical. It has only been operational for a couple of months so I have no long term data. Numerous posts I've read say that mounting position is not critical. I will be moving mine into a rack when I add another battery this Spring.

20221014_103723.jpg

Last edited:
Batteries have "burst disks" to prevent bursting in the rare scenario where pressure builds up inside. Ideally, the vent should be oriented to the top so all the electrolyte doesn't flow out and make a hazardous mess. Will might have a teardown video on the EG4 from which you could see the cell orientation.

My two are not in a rack. On the floor with handles up due to limited space. I was told this is fine from signature solar.

My two are not in a rack. On the floor with handles up due to limited space. I was told this is fine from signature solar.
How long have you had them in this position? I also have limited space. Do you have a pic you care to post?

I don’t have a picture. They were used all summer this way at my cabin. Now they’re in my basement in the same position. Handles up.

Back