diy solar

diy solar

Cargo trailer conversion to EC

Gotya01

I am new to solar, I’m doing a cargo trailer conversion. I received some equipment from a friend, it is in good condition from what I’ve been told .
I have .
2 -350 watt solar panels
2 -6v golf cart battery’s
1 - power max 300 inverter
1- victron solar charge controller

The trailer has a 30amp shore power plug , and 6-15 amp breaker box . The goal with this trailer is to be able to go camping and do some off grid camping for 3-5 days at a time. I am trying to figure out how to charge the batteries when hooked up to shore power . I am looking for some advice and maybe direction on missing items that I should consider adding. I have included pictures of all the items I currently have for this project. I apologize for any incorrect terminology in advance.

Thank you

IMG_1766.jpeg

IMG_1734.jpegIMG_1744.jpegIMG_1724.jpegIMG_1737.jpeg

I'm new to solar, and am installing it on my cargo trailer camper. I also have a 30 amp RV input on my trailer, but want to power all the 12v stuff with solar when dispersed camping, and not using my generator. I have a "Battery Tender" lithium charger that I use to keep the battery charged and maintained when not in use, but it is a trickle charger so I will be upgrading it to something that charges a little faster. I use the Battery Tender when either plugged into shore power, or when on my generator. I do not plan on using the charger when on solar. I have a LiFePO4 100 ah battery and want to provide 12 volts for a 12 volt refrigerator, 2 RV lights, a 12 volt tv, Maxx vent fan and for charging my cell phone. I also have a laptop and tv antenna signal booster that will be plugged into the inverter. Not all of these things will be running at the same time. I am planning on starting out with 200 watt solar panels, and upgrading the charger to something that charges a little faster. Does this sound like a reasonable setup?

Last edited:
Back