diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

I just received my shipment that Michael sent - again, I don't think his issue either, but needs to rectify. No packaging and all cells just loose in the box and badly damaged and bloated. I am so disappointed. I contacted Michael and hope he gets back to me soon to rectify the situation.
Are the pictures of the cells in the box the way they looked when the box was opened? No packing between the cells at all?

not heard a peep yet. I would concur that Michael

I concur with others that have had a good experience with Michael. I assume he is working on a plan and figuring out what to do before he does respond (although him just saying that would be helpful). He may be in the same "what the heck just happened" place we all are. Michael sure seems like a good guy and am optimistic that this will all get worked out.
I had to travel across the country and anything that could go wrong, did go wrong. I have just started opening emails and such today and started trying to catch up, and found out about this problem less than an hour ago. The more pictures and descriptions of packaging and such I can get the better.
Some of it does look to be UPS but, from what I have seen of the packaging so far, the supplier was negligent in the extreme with the packaging.
I have started sending pictures of the cells and boxes to this supplier but, given the current time of day in China, I doubt they will see them for 5 or 6 more hours.
Gawd I am pizzed! This is the LAST thing any of us needed.

I guess I'll ask the Million dollar question and say what type of resolution so you see us getting.

Tough luck on these stories. I wonder if there’s a lesson to be learned from this of dealing with reputable vendors with a reputation they need to uphold instead of a fly by night guy offering group buys on some forum. Sometimes price isn’t the only concern.

By the looks of it lots of illegal shipments were sent out, all lithium batteries need proper hazmat identification, no? I wonder if shippers are now going after either the seller or the buyers for the liability. Ever order a lithium battery for your cordless drill from Home Depot or small 18650 powered usb bank from Amazon? I picked up a small hand held fan that has a 3000mah 18650 cell and it was properly labeled.
Fly by night my azz. If you dont know what you are talking about maybe you should just not post on the subject.

I had to travel across the country and anything that could go wrong, did go wrong. I have just started opening emails and such today and started trying to catch up, and found out about this problem less than an hour ago. The more pictures and descriptions of packaging and such I can get the better.
Some of it does look to be UPS but, from what I have seen of the packaging so far, the supplier was negligent in the extreme with the packaging.
I have started sending pictures of the cells and boxes to this supplier but, given the current time of day in China, I doubt they will see them for 5 or 6 more hours.
Gawd I am pizzed! This is the LAST thing any of us needed.
I pm'ed you all my pictures, but this is what the cells looked liked after opening the top of the box.

Attachments

• 20210813_104509(1).jpg
    20210813_104509(1).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 45
Are the pictures of the cells in the box the way they looked when the box was opened? No packing between the cells at all?
Yes that is correct. @Brewman 's pic of the foam is representative of all the orders I have seen the past 6 days. I sent you my pics as they were in the boxes as originally opened, in what was left of the 3 out of 4 boxes. My 4th box was deemed deliverable by UPS and I never got it.

I cancelled my order with Michael via direct communication on this site, and through Paypal. If anyone is a close friend of Michael B Caro on this site, please contact his family and let us know how he is. I pray he is not ill.
I was not/am not ill.....other than being sick to my stomach after seeing how these were packaged and how they were treated by UPS.

In my opinion, so far, it looks like both were at fault. The packaging is ridiculous, but the way the boxes appear to be beaten up some of these cells would have been damaged no matter the packaging.

I had a large order of cells shipped to France by another supplier and they were packed extremely well....but still one box was beaten all to heck and those four cells are damaged to the point they are being replaced by that supplier.

Yes that is correct. @Brewman 's pic of the foam is representative of all the orders I have seen the past 6 days. I sent you my pics as they were in the boxes as originally opened, in what was left of the 3 out of 4 boxes. My 4th box was deemed deliverable by UPS and I never got it.
I assume you meant undeliverable....

I was shocked they delivered my leaking cell with the box covered in electrolyte

Thanks everyone, @p40whk 's link is refreshing and re-enforces every positive thing I have seen and read about Michael on the buy group forum (and yes I read every post up thru March 2020 before ordering and nearly every post since ordering).

I was not trying to "start something" in the form of a revolt, just trying to group all buyers together to see how we might proceed. As of this moment I am in the camp of wait and see as "Life Happens" and I feel confident Michael is on a planned absence and not running from the issue.

Please lets stay in touch as this begins to get resolved. Feel free to reach out to me privately if you do not want to post any resolutions or compensations you are receiving publicly.
I never run from anything....anyone that has ever tried that knows it always catches up to you.
A trip was planned but then everything went to hell on the road making it longer, more costly, and keeping me from doing much of anything other than try to deal with the crap as it came up.

Most of you guys know some of the things I have done in the past when crap hit the fan, and I will deal with this as best I can as well. Hopefully this supplier will do the right thing.

I have 34 CATL 271 cells en-route with a shipping label date of 6/29...expecting UPS to update in the next week or two. I will call UPS and ask them to hold them for me for pickup at the first location possible. Would that be LA? They are coming to Death Valley, CA...

I guess I'll ask the Million dollar question and say what type of resolution so you see us getting.
These are the first deliveries from this supplier and so I can not be sure how they will handle it......I know what they have repeatedly told me they would do if there are any problems and I will do everything possible to hold them to what they said. They have been around forever and have a good reputation or I would not have used them. Not sure how they have that reputation if this is how they package all of their shipments.

So you are hoping the supplier replaces all the cells?
Replace or full refund is my hope. That is what would happen with all of the other suppliers I have dealt with for some time now.
They have repeatedly promised to replace any cells that arrive with any problems, but replacing them won't do much good if they continue to pack them like this.

I have 34 CATL 271 cells en-route with a shipping label date of 6/29...expecting UPS to update in the next week or two. I will call UPS and ask them to hold them for me for pickup at the first location possible. Would that be LA? They are coming to Death Valley, CA...
If the boxes are beat up or it looks like there are problems like this, refuse delivery. If the boxes appear to be ok, I would still open at least a couple of them to make sure the cells are in good shape.
Off hand I am not sure if your cells are coming from this supplier or not, as I have ordered CATL 271ah cells from a couple of suppliers. All of these problem ones that I have looked up are from the same supplier though, and I know the other one I ordered 271ah cells from packages all cells very well.

Yikes, those look terrible. I hope my 150's aren't coming from this supplier.

Back