diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

The supplier is pulling back shipments of orders not delivered, have you have you discussed a remedy for those cells that already delivered? Have you been issued a refund for the cells that the supplier recalled? If not, why and when do you expect it?.
^This. Also, why have they pulled some back, yet others are still receiving them? I have a feeling that it wasn't their choice. If the shipper had pulled them back, they would have pulled back all remaining orders. I feel like some leg of UPS probably refused to move them when they felt unsafe handling the package in the condition it appeared.

The supplier has requested that many of the orders they shipped for me be returned to them.....I take that as a good sign that they will in fact take care of this.
I have dealt with a LOT of suppliers now and this is the first that anything quite like his has happened with and certainly the only one where damaged cells were the rule instead of the exception. I think most everyone knew that I was dealing with a new supplier on these.
Just want to make sure i don't get lost in the fold. can you post when you start sending PMs to people with further instructions on what to do? Not sure if that has started or not. probably not, but just checking.

Read here. It's unfair of you to make false claims and you need to stop. Michael is a stand up guy....I feel really bad for him having to deal with this crap. It's not his fault.

Has anyone received new tracking number for replacement cells? Sounds like that was going to be a solution, but only refunds have been issued.

I’m still not sure how Mike thinks I have a vested interest in this cluster. To me, that is a false claim, similar to offering “grade a” cells for sale.

I do feel bad for everyone involved, I just hope many people learn from this experience, myself included. I’d love to build my own 24v 200ah pack to upgrade my mostest FLA set up, but I’m starting to second guess if the risk is worth the reward going the DIY route.

From this point on, I’ll refrain from posting further.

Best of luck to everyone involved.

@Michael B Caro

Glad to see you're trying to make an attempt to keep us informed, Michael. I think that's all we ever wanted.

You've mentioned a CATL272 Supplier, but what about the 310 and 302 supplier?

The supplier is pulling back shipments of orders not delivered, have you have you discussed a remedy for those cells that already delivered? Have you been issued a refund for the cells that the supplier recalled? If not, why and when do you expect it?

What are your thoughts on the gentleman that received a package with shorted studs? Do you think these were shipped this way? The same goes for scratched QR codes, wrong sized studs, and possibly missing bus bars. These issues were not all caused by bad packaging.

I know I speak for a lot of people when I say this, but I hope to see more of you around here again.

Best Regards,
I have placed some orders for CATL 271ah and 302ah with a different supplier. The 310ah were all with this supplier.

Yes I have discussed with them the need t remedy the problem with those that have received cells that are inferior.

I have received NO refund of any kind from them as yet.

Has anyone received new tracking number for replacement cells? Sounds like that was going to be a solution, but only refunds have been issued.

I’m still not sure how Mike thinks I have a vested interest in this cluster. To me, that is a false claim, similar to offering “grade a” cells for sale.

I do feel bad for everyone involved, I just hope many people learn from this experience, myself included. I’d love to build my own 24v 200ah pack to upgrade my mostest FLA set up, but I’m starting to second guess if the risk is worth the reward going the DIY route.

From this point on, I’ll refrain from posting further.

Best of luck to everyone involved.
If I remember correctly I said you MAY have, or possibly that I suspected that you have, an ulterior motive for your posts. It would not be the first time that someone else selling cells, or having a close relationship with one of the suppliers, has posted things to create or exacerbate a situation in order to hurt the competition. If that is not the case here, I apologize. However, you advocated that some pretty severe moves be made without knowing much of what you were talking about.

The cells were represented to me as being grade A cells. I believe everyone knows that I pass on information from the suppliers and with a new supplier I have to take their word for it to a large degree.....although I do my best to vet any new supplier.

I never indicated a specific remedy had been decided upon, just that those were two options that I had discussed with the supplier. You again are wrong in the way you portray what has been said.

I can not begin to issue refunds on the number of cells involved until I get a refund (if that is what ends up happening) from the supplier. If I have issued a refund already to someone effected by this, it was a mistake on my part. Any refunds issued to date have been on other cells for other reasons.

Staying out of this if you are not really involved is the way to go. Responding to your stuff just takes time better spent addressing this issue, but some of the things you posted were far over the top as far as I am concerned and I could not just sit idly by and let you march around with a torch and a pitchfork. Now, do please allow those involved work on this situation without outside interference.

This is what I got from the supplier this morning:

1. Please ask the customer to take the UPS tracking number and pictures of the goods. We will negotiate with the forwarder for compensation or reissue the batteries according to these materials

I know many, if not most or all of you, have already sent pictures, but with the numbers of people involved I am going to ask that you do so again.
Please send an email with a picture of the tracking number on the box/label, pictures of the beaten up boxes and substandard packing, along with a picture of each cell and every cell. Include pictures of every cell you received, and if there is swelling or other problems that are not readily apparent, do your best to get a picture that shows it as much as possible.

If you have not received your cells, or all of your cells, please send an email detailing your current situation as far as these cells. I will cross each persons name off the list as I get the email and then I will forward the email to the supplier.

Again, please send pictures of ALL cells and not just those that you do not feel are usable. My intention is to do my best to get some kind of compensation even for cells that you choose to keep that are slightly swollen or have small dents. In my mind you should get some compensation for those as well as those that need to be replaced or trigger a complete refund.

Sorry to have to ask you to go to the extra work, but I think it will be the best way to get this taken care of with the best result possible.

Send the email to: catl_debacle@outlook.com

@Michael B Caro Michael, glad to see you are working on a resolution. I messaged you asking for a refund on the Lishen cells that I have been waiting on since Feb. I have another opportunity for cells that are here in the states, but need that refund to go through first. Thanks!!

If all the pics won't fit in one email do you want multiple emails?

@Michael B Caro Michael, glad to see you are working on a resolution. I messaged you asking for a refund on the Lishen cells that I have been waiting on since Feb. I have another opportunity for cells that are here in the states, but need that refund to go through first. Thanks!!
I had to move some money over to PayPal and it takes a couple of days for the transfer so show up.

Sent, please let me know you received it and can see all the pics.

Dan

Back