diy solar

diy solar

CATL 280AH 6000 cycles QR code location

Yep. Both weight and dimensions are the same.

Why? Because of the 80% remaining capacity threshold when we should dispose of the cells?
Lol right.. and if cell #2 had stopped at 2.5v instead of 2.79v it may have reached 300-302..

So I peeled back the top vynle to revieel the original QR code location.. it appears there was never a QR code in that spot.. no scratches nothing just flat Clean surface said for some glue.. I noticed the side qr code is actually etched into the aluminum casing.. what you guys think.

See photos below:

Attachments

• 20221116_180041.jpg
    20221116_180041.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20221116_180238.jpg
    20221116_180238.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20221116_180257.jpg
    20221116_180257.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20221116_180530.jpg
    20221116_180530.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 36
So I peeled back the top vynle to revieel the original QR code location.. it appears there was never a QR code in that spot.. no scratches nothing just flat Clean surface said for some glue.. I noticed the side qr code is actually etched into the aluminum casing.. what you guys think.

See photos below:
Update: docans reply to me asking why the QR codes are not scannable..

This QR code cannot be verified. Because these are CATL's top-of-the-line batteries for use in the automotive industry, CATL does not allow such batteries to be sold to other industries. Therefore, all agents will erase the QR code when delivering goods, in order to prevent CATL from checking. Once they are found, they will hold these agencies accountable

Because of the 80% remaining capacity threshold when we should dispose of the cells?
I used Nissan Leaf Modules that were at 70% and I did not dispose of them. It was only after I wanted more capacity that I took a chance on EVE 280's and I might be able to use them well after they degrade below 80%, if I live that long.

I see zero issues with that cells that are supported by reasonable arguments. The only potential problem is that we don't know for sure who manufactured that cells.

These cells are showing some pretty promising results. I would not go further in tearing them apart just looking for some issue to justify this as a bad buy. And this is just to be part of the grade A grade B stuff.

@nhanus09, the test you are doing may have some negative impact on the cell performance. I would avoid capacity tests prior to putting the cells under the proper clamping force. Get them in 48V packs, put them to work, and share the capacity results after several charge/discharge cycles of the whole packs.

See photos below:
Zoom in on your image ending in 257 and you can see faint remains of a code.

Update: docans reply to me asking why the QR codes are not scannable..

This QR code cannot be verified. Because these are CATL's top-of-the-line batteries for use in the automotive industry, CATL does not allow such batteries to be sold to other industries. Therefore, all agents will erase the QR code when delivering goods, in order to prevent CATL from checking. Once they are found, they will hold these agencies accountable

:ROFLMAO: These cells are soo awesome you can't even scan them!:ROFLMAO:

Real Answer: These are cells that CATL rejected, scratched off the QR code and auctioned off, we bought them for like $25-$30 per cell and sold them to you for $130.

I see zero issues with that cells that are supported by reasonable arguments. The only potential problem is that we don't know for sure who manufactured that cells.

These cells are showing some pretty promising results. I would not go further in tearing them apart just looking for some issue to justify this as a bad buy. And this is just to be part of the grade A grade B stuff.

@nhanus09, the test you are doing may have some negative impact on the cell performance. I would avoid capacity tests prior to putting the cells under the proper clamping force. Get them in 48V packs, put them to work, and share the capacity results after several charge/discharge cycles of the whole packs.

This is a huge issue, I rather have EVE 280 with a B on the QR code at least I know what cells these were, instead of what this is... totally unknown NO idea if these are CATL 302, or EVE 304 or even the 280K, they all have the same dimensions and weight. Doubt its the 280K, I'm thinking either EVE 304 or CATL 302 labeled as 280.

Is it better to pay twice the price for a grade A 280Ah cell that shows 270Ah capacity? If yes - be reasonable about it.

Is it better to pay twice the price for a grade A 280Ah cell that shows 270Ah capacity? If yes - be reasonable about it.
Hell no!!!
(My personal opinion lol)
Because there's no such thing as a "grade A cell".

I just received a batch of CATL 302AH from shenzen EEL battery today, QR code in the same location. I haven't peeled up the top cover to see if there is anything under in the original location. $108 USD/cell + shipping hmmm.
All have test stickers on them with 302.xxx (200-900) aH, zero bulge/very flat/look new. Testing one now, we shall see.

I too just received 24 of these from Xuba. Codes don't scan and have the same TPTA near the end. They otherwise look new but absolutely no brand markings other than a white capacity label on the small side. I emailed CATL to see if they can verify the code authenticity for me.

I too just received 24 of these from Xuba. Codes don't scan and have the same TPTA near the end. They otherwise look new but absolutely no brand markings other than a white capacity label on the small side. I emailed CATL to see if they can verify the code authenticity for me.
CATL seems to use a DataMatrix code, not a QR code. Use a different code scan app. The code should say exactly what the printed text says.

CATL seems to use a DataMatrix code, not a QR code. Use a different code scan app. The code should say exactly what the printed text says.
Yes they scan and do indeed return the text but it doesn't provide any useful information. Right now I'm just looking to see if they're actually CATL or some knockoffs with a fresh coat of heatshrink.

Yes they scan and do indeed return the text but it doesn't provide any useful information. Right now I'm just looking to see if they're actually CATL or some knockoffs with a fresh coat of heatshrink.
Put the resulting code into the GobelPower secret decoder ring. If you just type it in, put in the bottom line and then the top line.

https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html

I just received a batch of CATL 302AH from shenzen EEL battery today, QR code in the same location. I haven't peeled up the top cover to see if there is anything under in the original location. $108 USD/cell + shipping hmmm.
All have test stickers on them with 302.xxx (200-900) aH, zero bulge/very flat/look new. Testing one now, we shall see.
Any test results? I might buy a tester and do the same.

Any test results? I might buy a tester and do the same.
I have only tested one cell so far, test sticker 302233mAh, charged cell to 3.65 (charged at only 10A due to a crappy benchtop PSU, so took ages and had lots of time to absorb), discharge test @30A (maximum of my tester) to 2.6V cutoff, test result 298.3 aH / 962.6 wHrs. Not bad not amazing - I guess at least the sticker is accurate (98.7%), however I wonder what the result would be at a higher C rate... I quizzed the rep about the QR location, got the same reply as already mentioned here:

Due to different supply channels, CATL batteries originally had two QR codes. One such channel comes from automotive-grade batteries. Because CATL is a listed company, it only supplies batteries to the primary market and to automakers. And they don't allow batteries to circulate in the secondary market, so in order to prevent CATL from tracing the source, car manufacturers will wear off the big QR code in the middle of the battery, otherwise CATL will punish them, we will show the small QR code to customers for our convenience Export CATL's high-capacity batteries to your country smoothly.

I'm probably going to test a few but also considering returning the batch since all they say is "trust us" with no evidence they're legit.

I'm probably going to test a few but also considering returning the batch since all they say is "trust us" with no evidence they're legit.
yeah, its a bit shady thats for sure. Return isnt really an option for me (sea freight etc) and I recognized the risk of B cells. the 16 I have in a pack are behaving OK and running fine as supplied (built a pack, no top balance) so I am reasonably happy. Of course lets see how things are tracking in a year or two I guess haha

Just received the same cells from Docan ordered on October. Bought as CATL 280ah.
Aspect is great, i'm currently testing capacity.

1.jpg2.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back