diy solar

diy solar

Change over time delay - Growatt 5000 ES

thedodgersonline

Hi

I am looking at installing a Growatt as a backup system for my computer systems. The area of concern for me is the change over time from solar to battery ( when solar is insufficient to power the loads) and from battery to line ( when battery gets low)
Can anyone provide these details please and and suggestions for the correct setup of the Growat.

Thanks and Regards

Hi

I am looking at installing a Growatt as a backup system for my computer systems. The area of concern for me is the change over time from solar to battery ( when solar is insufficient to power the loads) and from battery to line ( when battery gets low)
Can anyone provide these details please and and suggestions for the correct setup of the Growat.

Thanks and Regards
If you are asking about transfer time between utility and inverter most of the ones are rated at less than 10ms. Solar does not transfer to battery or change over they are on the same DC bus. Both supply the loads and it is not until both can not, due to lack of solar and the low voltage set point for battery, that utility transfer occurs.

This can be confusing when you toss in preferred modes that off grid hybrid inverters allow.

If you are asking about transfer time between utility and inverter most of the ones are rated at less than 10ms. Solar does not transfer to battery or change over they are on the same DC bus. Both supply the loads and it is not until both can not, due to lack of solar and the low voltage set point for battery, that utility transfer occurs.

This can be confusing when you toss in preferred modes that off grid hybrid inverters allow.
Hi
Thanks for the response and throwing some clarity on the issue. Yes, I was asking about the transfer time - tossing up between the MPPSolar ( which boasts zero transfer time) and the Growatt. This will be replacing an older MPPSolar.

Thanks and Regards.

I added a battery backup to the computer ( and monitors). this stoped the power glictch when my inverter would switch over. I also have my router plugged into it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RZPK1W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi

I had looked at that option but would need a lot of power ( crypto mining rigs) and with the cost of energy nowadays I want to run them off solar and battery. I already have the panels and battery just need an upgraded inverter system.

Thanks and Regards

Back