diy solar

diy solar

Charge controller load output

exodus1

I have an Epever 40 amp controller. My question is... do charge controllers make sure the batteries stay charged during an output load directly from the controller terminals? I want to dump any extra daylight hour power to the load terminals to heat an area of a crawl space without discharging the batteries.

Load terminals are battery terminals unless the controller shuts them off.

Different controllers have different means and criteria for turning the load terminals on and off.

I have an Epever 40 amp controller. My question is... do charge controllers make sure the batteries stay charged during an output load directly from the controller terminals? I want to dump any extra daylight hour power to the load terminals to heat an area of a crawl space without discharging the batteries.
I have the same charge controller by the sounds of it. If so, those terminals (the light bulb ones) will produce power only while the charge controller has power from the PVs. And it fluctuates according to PV output. And once the sun goes down, the terminals will no longer have power to them. There is no circuitry between those terminals and the batteries.

I have the same charge controller by the sounds of it. If so, those terminals (the light bulb ones) will produce power only while the charge controller has power from the PVs. And it fluctuates according to PV output. And once the sun goes down, the terminals will no longer have power to them. There is no circuitry between those terminals and the batteries.

That is not the case.

They are a programmable output for loads up to your controllers amp rating.

By default it is set to "manual" to be switched on/off by the "enter" button.

LVD is 11.1v by default, to change this the battery type must be set to USER.

Using the streetlight function, I have one controller setup to run a LED light for a few hours after sunset and another setup to provide a dc-dc charge to another battery bank through the night.

Last edited:
Back