diy solar

diy solar

Chargery BMS News / UPDATE (Nov.25.2020) Ver 4.02 firmware

The BMS is powered via the sense leads and this can & does throw things off. If you take the power from the batteries (+)&(-) terminal and feed the plugin to the BMS External Power, that resolves the problem.

I used these to make my own "external power" connection from Pack Terminals at first.
Thanks for that info. Steve. ... I even have some of those terminal here (stocked for options) ... & will try that update on soon :+)

I run V4.04 on the Chargery and have not ha
Just got some oddball BMS triggers from my Chargery BMS 8T hooked up to a 24v 280Ah LiFePO4 set. ... with the 4.04 firmware (seeing option for 4.05 update) .. w 300 amp shunt. Oddball Triggers: high diff between two cells showing @ 2.885v vs 3.714v (earlier .. a high cell voltage trigger I now believe was false) : ...What is Odd is DMM measures "All 8 Cells" in ok range of voltages (3.38 -3.39v) ... Wondering if firmware 4.04 had any issues to suspect firmware? ... Intending to clean all battery terminal connects plus spray contact cleaner at BMS harness connector, and go from there. Just scratching my head a bit about oddball triggers related to oddball voltage readings at BMS. Notice a LCD firmware update I can do too, just to be on newer page of options :+) ... Experience Comments Welcome

I run V4.04 on the Chargery and have not had any problems. I do have another LiFePo4 pack with an Overkill BMS on it where I had a similar issue with wide voltage variations between two adjacent cells. It turned out to be a case where I had fused my balance leads with 3A fuses and while playing around tweaking my battery bank, I mistakenly connected a bench power supply with reverse polarity across one of the cells and blew the fuse on one of the leads. The BMS started squawking immediately as the voltage began varying between the cells where the balance lead fuse had blown. One would go high and the other would go low to offset. Overall the cells were just fine, but with one balance lead disconnected, the midpoint voltage between the cells was floating all over the place. Before I had determined the cause I was in a panic because one cell was showing to be 5.6V and the other cell was 1.2V. I thought I fried two cells, but it turned out to just be a blown fuse on a balance lead. It's a good thing I had fused the balance leads or I would have had a much bigger problem. You may have a bad connection on one of your balance leads causing the voltage to float on that one lead.

I might have made one of those live n learn mistakes re-hooking up wire loom to last #3 battery terminal without unplugging loom at BMS; ... wondering about the sparks I saw then ???
Yes to always disconnecting wire loom from BMS before messing with wire loom conections at battery terminals !!! UPDATE: Not sure what caused my original on cell low voltage BMS reading; but did figure out that spark I mentioned earlier, ... did trash my Chargey BMS8T (as it is no longer dependable) . While I would rather learn from other people people's mistake stories, I will write of the cost of new BMS as part of my learning more all the time program, including from my own mistakes. ... What confirmed my trashed BMS assessment on top of having a noticeably low BMS voltage reading for one cell, even after cleaning all the battery terminals, and wire loom connects, and cleaning the BMS loom plug in (via contact cleaner), and getting an external power plug going, plus doing latest firmware flash; ... I had the same problem (one noticeable mis-matched low cell voltage reading ), combined with my BMS drawing that same cell down to 2.3v last night while the other cells were close to 3.1v. ... After charging that one cell back up to close match w other cells, and then switching over to my other Chargery, a BMS16T (which can be configured for 8 cells), ... my individual battery cell voltage readings are normal again. I expect the one cell draining Low overnight to be past tense now; and will see what's up for sure about that tomorrow morning. :+)

... side note (oddity): Changing over from BMS8T to BMS16T; ... I noticed Chargery's charge and dischage trigger 4 pin plug was not simple re-plug of those trigger wires from BMS8T to the particular charg/dischrg port of the BMS6T I had in stock; ... I had to reverse rewire my previous set up to get the charge and discharge triggers wired properly. No big deal unless you don't catch something like that.

Last edited:
I am curious about this option. Any more news or links to what improvements it might include, and how much it might be selling for?
Apparently that hardware testing phase is done, they are now cooking the software & firmware and waiting on manufacture, chip supply problems are hitting them too.

Yes to always disconnecting wire loom from BMS before messing with wire loom conections at battery terminals !!! UPDATE: Not sure what caused my original on cell low voltage BMS reading; but did figure out that spark I mentioned earlier, ... did trash my Chargey BMS8T (as it is no longer dependable) . While I would rather learn from other people people's mistake stories, I will write of the cost of new BMS as part of my learning more all the time program, including from my own mistakes. ... What confirmed my trashed BMS assessment on top of having a noticeably low BMS voltage reading for one cell, even after cleaning all the battery terminals, and wire loom connects, and cleaning the BMS loom plug in (via contact cleaner), and getting an external power plug going, plus doing latest firmware flash; ... I had the same problem (one noticeable mis-matched low cell voltage reading ), combined with my BMS drawing that same cell down to 2.3v last night while the other cells were close to 3.1v. ... After charging that one cell back up to close match w other cells, and then switching over to my other Chargery, a BMS16T (which can be configured for 8 cells), ... my individual battery cell voltage readings are normal again. I expect the one cell draining Low overnight to be past tense now; and will see what's up for sure about that tomorrow morning. :+)

... side note (oddity): Changing over from BMS8T to BMS16T; ... I noticed Chargery's charge and dischage trigger 4 pin plug was not simple re-plug of those trigger wires from BMS8T to the particular charg/dischrg port of the BMS6T I had in stock; ... I had to reverse rewire my previous set up to get the charge and discharge triggers wired properly. No big deal unless you don't catch something like that.
Update 2: While switching from my mistake lesson BMS to my BMS16T provided closer cell voltage readings; ... I still have more testing to do; as my low volt cell dropped in voltage early, again, last night. I have options, maintenance, and updates going on all over the place around here. Glad to have you folks to bounce off of too :+)

Update 2: While switching from my mistake lesson BMS to my BMS16T provided closer cell voltage readings; ... I still have more testing to do; as my low volt cell dropped in voltage early, again, last night. I have options, maintenance, and updates going on all over the place around here. Glad to have you folks to bounce off of too :+)
Are you starting to wonder if its a bad cell?

Are you starting to wonder if its a bad cell?
Yes ... Top balancing that 8 cell battery bank at present. Will will seeif all 8 cells can charge to 3.6 volt, or if one cell will be holding up full charge. Then gona Ah test each cell. Will see watch is going one soon. Also thinking it would be smart to order an extra cell on orders of 8 cells or more. Mine are the 280Ah EVE.

Yes ... Top balancing that 8 cell battery bank at present. Will will seeif all 8 cells can charge to 3.6 volt, or if one cell will be holding up full charge. Then gona Ah test each cell. Will see watch is going one soon. Also thinking it would be smart to order an extra cell on orders of 8 cells or more. Mine are the 280Ah EVE.
couldn’t you have just pulled the one out and tested it on its own?

couldn’t you have just pulled the one out and tested it on its own?
I had a second 280Ah LiFePO4 set to put online (to later double my battery bank Ahs), while wanting to more fully evaluate my first set of 8 EVE 280 Ah LifePO4s (with have suffered some mishaps). Kind of still going through cycle of wondering if the BMS16T I purchased early 2020, which I firmware updated to 4.05, and then put online with my new unused 24v battery set, might be a bad one. (anyone seen that ???

I think my new LifePO4 set has one battery cell that drains early. ... that likely needs to replaced to get full amp hours out my battery bank (IMO: part of live n learning experiences, on aged order now). Re My main Chargery BMS Concerns: Here's what is odd to me: My number 7 cell was hitting the 3.65v trigger early at my the higher part of my charge cycles, while the other cells were only about 3.38v. (& Yes, I did previously top balance). Since my #3 cell was showing lowest then, I swapped their positions in my battery bank, to see if the high cell voltage cell would follow my position switch. This is what is an odd one to figure out: My #3 and #7 cell positions both now appear normal and balanced, but my # 2 cell position now hits the 3.65v trigger way early as my charging approaches full; while my other cells are reading about 3.38v. I am marking my off balance cells voltages histories with sticky tape notes as I try to figure this one out. ... I had to adjust my bulk charging rate down to 27.3v, and my float to 27.0 to continue using my solar system without repeatedly triggering my BMS high cell volt trigger.

While slightly wondering about my stainless steel battery terminal studs compatibility to bus bar and battery terminal materials; I have cleaned all bush bars with slight 320 grit scuffs, alcohol wiped my battery terminals, and put ox-gard on my terminal and bus bar connects. Looking at my clamp on amp meter readings on my BMS wire loom does not make sense to me; as the high volt cell stays high, and amp meter reading do not match my ideas of bringing high cell down in voltage. I do not see a constant amp draw to bring my high cell down down; seen current in both direction while comparing that to the other cells at BMS loom wires. (or maybe I do not fully understand how it all works) ...

Even with newest firmware on both BMS and LCD, ... Maybe I have the roll of dice of a faulty BMS hardware. ... I think my best option now is to test a new BMS8T. Wondering if anyone has a USA shipped option for the Chargery BMS8T 300 amp shunt version (would prefer the newer shunt version). Open to any fix it ideas or further test ideas. ... Rolling w my Learning more all the time program. Previously had my LV2424s user defined Bulk Charge voltage set at 28.0v or 28.2v , ... and my Float voltage at 27.2v ...and saw plenty of previous cycles of balanced cell voltages without this problem. ... Looking forward to seeing balance cell voltage readings again soon.

20 minutes Later Update: Took a good cell from first battery bank, and at about about same voltage as connected battery bank cells, I switched it with the high volt reading #2 cell: Results: on solar charging: # 2 cell now remains balanced with other cells, but now the #1 cell heads up early towards 3.65v trigger voltage. I think I have a messed up BMS. I have an email in to Jason and Craig asking for paypal options (preferringa USA source option for quicker time response. Might put my older BMS8T back on line, that work fine for so long, that I sparked messing with loom wires without disconnecting ... to test it again. Currently have solar system working on late sun with bulk voltage set at 27.5v and float at 27.0v (kind of low) to keep that high cell volt trigger from cycling.

Last edited:
Update: ... now the #1 cell heads up early towards 3.65v trigger voltage. I think I have a messed up BMS. Currently have solar system working on late sun with bulk voltage set at 27.5v and float at 27.0v (kind of low) to keep that high cell volt trigger from cycling.
Update 2 (next morning): ... Been a bit time consuming to look more at this puzzle. Still processing: Switched my # 1 located high cell volt reading trigger battery cell to location #5 in my battery pack, and BMS shows that battery cell at new location as the same voltage as most others cells (on larger amp charge cycle). At Larger Amp Charge, my #1 cell position is now reading high, and that cell was one I had marked in it original position as reading low. Still more at float, my #2 cell position and #8 position cells are now taking turns reading high. Pretty sure my (not previously used/ sitting on shelf) Chargery BMS16T on lastest firmware update, ... has messed up hardware !!! from a 2 year ago purchase from IGO IGO store (or however that is spelled). Maybe also a lesson about: Good to Test em out soon after receiving, when possible. ... I will be glad to put on a new Chargery BMS8T w 300 amp shunt that I am ordering from Jason soon. :+)

Last edited:
My Personal trial and error ... Cell Balance Configuration Lesson via testing some options on my two Chargery BMS8Ts v4.05. As I am getting ready to double the Ahs of my 24v 280Ah LiFePO4 set with two 24v cell strings in parallel; I was having some issues with cells getting out of balance toward top Voltage of Absorption charge cycles. I was backing my Solar Charging Amps down to 80 or 90 Amps, and adjusting my Top Bulk (absorption) Volts down to 28.0v or 27.9v to keep one of my battery cells from peaking high Volts early, enough to trigger a BMS charge side fault. Here's something I learned from wondering and experimenting: ... In my Chargery BMS's "Balance Parameter" options: ... I had set my balance volt setting to 3.20 v (now think that is too low), and then 3.25v and had set my diff to 30mV (I still do not fully understand exactly how those settings work). I was getting one newer cell peaking above 3.65v about 100+ mV ahead of other cells; Plus then getting several other cells out of balance by about 100 mV in kind of a semi random pattern after my bulk charging cycles throttled back to a 27.2v Float Charge; ... All this on older LiFePO4 battery cells that had hits of brief overnight below 2.5v cycles (part of my learning from my mistakes curve ... so I am also wondering about my battery cells, and the BMS ...etc). WOW: This morning I Re-Adjusted my BMS "Balance Parameters" up to 3.40v (highest v option), and set my "Balance Stop Diff Voltage" back down to 15mV (think that was default) ... with Balance ON in Charge, Discharge, and Storage (think default is all those were OFF). The Good Result for me. My Battery Cells are now staying Balanced at top end of a Charge Cycle (with Bulk Charge@ 28.2v and 100 Amp Charge. ... Next Test will be setting higher Bulk voltage up to 29.0v and higher Amps ( up to 140A) ... to see if top end balance remains balanced / to satisfy my curiosity my batteries and BMS set up, before I go doubling my Ahs with two Chargery BMS8Ts monitoring each cell.

Side topic: ... Wonder if my Chargery SOC can be made to work properly ??? My BMS setting for SOC cut off is set to 0% because I do not trust it to not trigger prematurely (Could that make SOC gauge act strangely, like @ 26.6v show only 24% Charge on Chargery's SOC) ??? Wonder if there is a FIX? I am next double checking if 1768 Wh is the correct figure for my BMS setting w my 280Ah ... for my 8 cell LiFePO4 sets. ??? ... Would rather learn from other peoples mistakes, but sometime we all learn from our own. :+) Bill

Last edited:
My Personal trial and error ... Cell Balance Configuration Lesson via testing some options on my two Chargery BMS8Ts v4.05. As I am getting ready to double the Ahs of my 24v 280Ah LiFePO4 set with two 24v cell strings in parallel; I was having some issues with cells getting out of balance toward top Voltage of Absorption charge cycles. I was backing my Solar Charging Amps down to 80 or 90 Amps, and adjusting my Top Bulk (absorption) Volts down to 28.0v or 27.9v to keep one of my battery cells from peaking high Volts early, enough to trigger a BMS charge side fault. Here's something I learned from wondering and experimenting: ... In my Chargery BMS's "Balance Parameter" options: ... I had set my balance volt setting to 3.20 v (now think that is too low), and then 3.25v and had set my diff to 30mV (I still do not fully understand exactly how those settings work). I was getting one newer cell peaking above 3.65v about 100+ mV ahead of other cells; Plus then getting several other cells out of balance by about 100 mV in kind of a semi random pattern after my bulk charging cycles throttled back to a 27.2v Float Charge; ... All this on older LiFePO4 battery cells that had hits of brief overnight below 2.5v cycles (part of my learning from my mistakes curve ... so I am also wondering about my battery cells, and the BMS ...etc). WOW: This morning I Re-Adjusted my BMS "Balance Parameters" up to 3.40v (highest v option), and set my "Balance Stop Diff Voltage" back down to 15mV (think that was default) ... with Balance ON in Charge, Discharge, and Storage (think default is all those were OFF). The Good Result for me. My Battery Cells are now staying Balanced at top end of a Charge Cycle (with Bulk Charge@ 28.2v and 100 Amp Charge. ... Next Test will be setting higher Bulk voltage up to 29.0v and higher Amps ( up to 140A) ... to see if top end balance remains balanced / to satisfy my curiosity my batteries and BMS set up, before I go doubling my Ahs with two Chargery BMS8Ts monitoring each cell.

Side topic: ... Wonder if my Chargery SOC can be made to work properly ??? My BMS setting for SOC cut off is set to 0% because I do not trust it to not trigger prematurely (Could that make SOC gauge act strangely, like @ 26.6v show only 24% Charge on Chargery's SOC) ??? Wonder if there is a FIX? I am next double checking if 1768 Wh is the correct figure for my BMS setting w my 280Ah ... for my 8 cell LiFePO4 sets. ??? ... Would rather learn from other peoples mistakes, but sometime we all learn from our own. :+) Bill

I was going to suggest 3.4v+ for balancing, sounds like you got it. Anything less than 3.4v will actually *unbalance* your pack.

I wouldn't configure SoC shutoff. Voltage shutoff is sufficient.

8 cells at 280Ah at 3.2v nominal is 7168Wh. Is your "1768" a typo?

SOC = PITA on these. It does work once properly cycled !
It also is not what many think...
Once you KNOW where the Top Charge 100% is for your packs (mine is 3.400VPC/27.2V) I charge to 3.500VPC so they settle to 3.400 within 45-60 minutes once charge ends. I reset the SOC to 100% AT that point.
Then allow the pack(s) to discharge to YOUR 0% (I chose 2.950Vpc/23.6V and then start Charging again till FULL (your 100%) and teh SOC Counter will climb as it charges till it reaches full. SOC may be a tad off because it is counting the cycle and amps in.

NOTE: If using Chargery Supplied Shunt, there is no need to recalibrate.
There IS a gotcha ! A Pisser too ! There is a light wax coating on the shunts to keep'em shiny... Get that crap OFF with rubbing alcohol where the cables & the sense leads attach to it. That DOES cause weird readings... It is amazing how much trouble that protective coating can cause.

I also HOPE that you are powering the BMS from the Battery Terminals as opposed to the BMS Sense harness, less flutter and more reasonable.

LOW SOC CUTOFF !
Set that to 0 - ZERO to disable it, it screws up ! It reads the SOC state of the BMS and will cutoff based on that and NOT the actual working voltage / allowable voltage ranges. I don't know if Jason fixed that properly or not, we did discuss this previously but he's had so much on the go, I dunno.

Because all of my packs have QNBBM-8S Active Balancers, I only allow Passive Balancing during Charge starting from 3.35 and allowing for 30mv difference... BUT I also allow 0.75mv per AH of pack capacity for "Diff of Cell Voltage". This lets the few "runners" to run to 3.650 while the passive knocks that down + the active balancer pushing it to other cells allows things to top off quite nicely. Typically, 15 Minutes after Charge Completes the cfells within packs are are within 20mv and then teh packs balance out between themselves (I have 5 packs in 1 bank).

I'm now moving away from Chargery BMS' and changing my entire fleet of batteries over to JK's with built in Active Balancers and RS485/CanBus so they can be interacted with from a RaspberryPi, Node-Red and more... Chargery's RS232 output only is not good enough for my use.

Hope it helps, Good Luck.

PS: While I rewrote the Chargery manuals back to 4.0 Software, I am not updating or maintaining any of them and after 4.02 Software change Jason added and changed things a bit. The P Series BMS is similar to the T series but has a few extras like a fan. I am not sure what happened to the B Series which was to have Active Balancing +++ or whether or not or if they will even become available. Last I heard from Jason was that they were having severe issues getting chips and pricing was quite radical then (December 2021)

I was going to suggest 3.4v+ for balancing, sounds like you got it. Anything less than 3.4v will actually *unbalance* your pack.

I wouldn't configure SoC shutoff. Voltage shutoff is sufficient.

8 cells at 280Ah at 3.2v nominal is 7168Wh. Is your "1768" a typo?
Thanks ... That is a mistake I made in transferring info. from old BMS to newer ... Seeing that one will surely make my odd BMS8T's SOC behavior improve to more normal. ;+) ... BMS will be properly configured in next couple of minutes :+)

Just found this (great) post and...Steve S, THANKS, good luck and I'm sorry to see you decamp from Chargery! Your comprehensible (mostly) manuals were why I bought Chargery. I just finished putting my battery bank together a week ago. It is slooowly charging up with the power my old FLA bank doesn't need. Yeah, having to write manuals with inadequate/outdated info is really miserable, even when one is paid to do the work. Welcome to high-tech....

For anyone, two basic questions:
1) How do you restart/reset the SOC calculation? The manual just says charge to 100%. If you then discharge, does that trigger the recalculation? And..discharge to 0...really??? I would think just to low voltage cutoff (24V per battery, 3.0v per cell).

2) This is a v4.05 separate port system with 2 bms/ 2 batteries in parallel. I have an inverter/charger (Trace 4024), which will connect through the discharge bus. Can I use the charger function through the discharge bus? I would think the only issue is that the bms won't have the ability to shut off the charging. I don't care about that given my useage, the inverter's charger is only used manually, and only if the (old FLA) battery bank is getting too low for comfort, and never to full charge. But I really don't understand the inner workings of the DCCs.

Thanks in advance. I hope Jason can find someone to keep the English manuals up to date.

Question Re: Chargery BMS8T /and drawing down voltage and SOC on one cell. I have two 24v LifePO4 Battery banks I will soon integrate with two Chargery BMS8T: My Challenge is getting a matched set with below par cells (from one or two below 2.5v mistake cycles/ plus IMO: unknowingly making Grade B cell purchase) ... I want to match cells to for decent diff balance through full range of charge to discharge, with minimal mV differential between cells. I have some peakers that spike up in voltage way ahead of the others (triggering BMS) in battery voltage near full charge. I have top balanced, but now in testing to mix in other cells for possible better match: MY QUESTION: Can I draw down one of my LiFePO4 280Ah cells with that 200 Watt ... Ah measuring tool with the fan (draws up to 20 amps on a 3.2v cell) WHILE my full battery bank is functioning (powering my All In Ones), all hooked up to my Chargery BMS8T ... without hurting the Chargery BMS8T ??? I have done that with everything off and disconnected, but wondering about faster (kind of like a manual 20 amp active balancer) route ... as option for my time consuming learning curve.

Last edited:
I now have two Chargery BMS8T w300 Amps shunts ... connected up to two separate 24v 280Ah LiFePO4 Battery Banks wired to my 4 x MPP Lv2424 All In One units capable of a combined 40 amps (x 2) at 240vac ... usa split phase Output (functioning in independent island style) : I thought to share some info on my Chargery BMS Trigger Controls via these pictures and notes: ... I am now using a separate 24 vdc lead acid battery (2 x small 12v batteries) to power my two Chargery BMS8Ts, plus my 2x 500 amp rated Kilovac relays for Battery Cut Offs; 2x 80 amp @ 28vdc rated Dual Pole Relays as Cut Offs for my four lines of Solar IN to my Lv2424s, w SSRs connected between BMS trigger out wires and all Relays (with push button switches on my SSRs, that allow me to turn any relays off and on like a switch, at whim. ... For my BMS Discharge Triggers, I have 2 x Chargery BMS8Ts each wired separately to 2x SSRs connected independently to 2x Kilovac Battery Relays. The power for those Kilovac Relay coils come from my separate small 24v battery. Those SSR contol of my Battery Cut Relays function independently so one BMS discharge trigger cuts off just that one related battery bank (and other BMS cuts of the other battery bank). ... For the BMS Charge Triggers ... my 2x BMS8T are wired separately to each SSR, with my separate 24vdc powering the relay coils of my 2 Solar In Relays (x 2 poles each for 4 PV Solar Lines IN). ... going through both SSRs ... Wiring in this manner means a BMS Charge side trigger from either battery bank Cuts my Full Solar IN Charge to Full Battery.

Re: Chargery BMSs: ... I Like the LCD screen(s) with 5 different page clicks of battery info. ; plus the two other page clicks of fully adjustable BMS perameters. I also Like the Two Channels of BMS Triggers (Charge Trigger /and separate DisCharge Trigger). ... I think most BMSs for my set up have both their charge and discharge triggers wired together to cut off the battery for a charge or discharge triggered event; (... not total sure about that, maybe someone can confirm ??? ) ... The advantage I see in using the two trigger channels separately, as I have done, ... IMO: ... If I get a charge side BMS trigger, it only cuts off just my battery charging ... while leaving both my BMS, and my Full Battery to my Inverters, to my AC Out ... All still in tact and functioning. ... Also, my Charge Trigger might recover automatically (or not). ... I am sharing my set up with hope that this might Help in the ... Food for Thoughts in Arena of many Options.

... I like getting the most bang for my buck: I obtained my last two new 500 amp rated Kilovac Relays for $40 each (one via Ablibabaexpress, and other via ebay). My other supplies came from Amazon or eBay. My separate small 24 vdc lead acid battery is float charged by a small toy EV charger plugged in to my 120 vac ... If I get a discharge side trigger, I now have full battery disconnect ... with absolutely no idle draws from any thing, including from my BMS; for fully protecting my LiFePO4s from further pull down of my cell voltages. ... I used 8 AWG THHN single strand wires over cement board for my LV2424 AC in and out lines (oversize from recommended 10 AWG); and think conduit or heavy duty extension ac cord connections would have been better choice. That metal rack holding top set of LiFePO4s has a cement board bottom and flat plastic tubing slit to cover sides of angle iron to prevent battery case short outs. I use spacer from PVC fitting to get a different spacing from walls for my 2" wide x 1/8" copper bus bars, and covered some of my bigger exposed copper connectors with large diameter plastic tubing slit to cover where I wanted. My Sticky notes might show my keeping track of battery history, and/or Lv2424 settings, while running full charge and discharge cycles.

Learning Curve 1 Lesson: In my early phase of experimenting with the Chargery BMS Discharge Trigger circuit, I wired it to one SRR connected to my 3 networked Lv2424s at their invert toggle switches (bottom left). / and thus my Inverter Draw Down of Battery was stopped when the BMS got a Discharge Trigger. The Mistake I made was not realizing there is an Idle Draw from each Lv2424s; so even with all inverters off; ... . I still have about a 50 watts idle draw per each unit, even with the inverters off line. I now also think LiFePO4s drop off fast at their lower voltages. My experiment mistake resulted in a brief cycle or two of 1.4v cell voltages. The Result was 6 of 8 of those cells acting up on low end w less Ahs, or peaking in voltage (become runners) at high end of charge cycle. Those cells might be usable later. Got a recondition procedure to try on. That was a time suck and costly type of lesson, which I will just roll with for the lesson.

Note 2: There's an Empora Level 2 Charger on floor in my picture of my four Lv2424s, ... because I see friends with EV coming over for a Solar Charge Up, and I see an EV in my future. ... Fine Tuning my AC side will be next. :+)

Attachments

• Solar.Wall [800x600].jpg
    Solar.Wall [800x600].jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Solar.Battery.BMS.Controls [800x600].jpg
    Solar.Battery.BMS.Controls [800x600].jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Controls.CloseUp [800x600].jpg
    Controls.CloseUp [800x600].jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Note 2: There's an Empora Level 2 Charger on floor in my picture of my four Lv2424s, ... because I see friends with EV coming over for a Solar Charge Up, and I see an EV in my future. ... Fine Tuning my AC side will be next. :+)
This is what the Emporia charger does to my two LV6548s at 48amps.

Do you have Solar-Assistant.io yet?

Attachments

• 2022-05-01 (1).png
    2022-05-01 (1).png
    129.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2022-05-01.png
    2022-05-01.png
    199.3 KB · Views: 4
There is a light wax coating on the shunts to keep'em shiny... Get that crap OFF with rubbing alcohol where the cables & the sense leads attach to it. That DOES cause weird readings... It is amazing how much trouble that protective coating can cause.
I was getting some weird readings (not matched) on two Chargery BMS8Ts managing two 24v LiFePO4 battery banks. I must share: Turning off my system to loosen contacts at my Chargery Shunts (big and small), and a couple of relays, and cleaning all contacts via a spray of contact cleaner ; ; ... did some good for my set up ... The weird cell resistance differences between battery banks disappeared. Thanks for the Tip Steve :+)

Back