diy solar

diy solar

Chargery BMS now with Low Temp Cutoff

BTW: How often do you come across a company that listens and HEARS what customers are saying these days ? and if you do, just how responsie are they ? NOT Many anymore !

Not to derail this conversation, but this is the opposite experience I have seen with this company.

FYI, I updated to 4.0 and the SOC is still showing 0% with batteries fully charged. I'm over the buggy software and responses from Chargery. I'll just have to live with the system as is and hope it doesn't fail.

Not to derail this conversation, but this is the opposite experience I have seen with this company.

FYI, I updated to 4.0 and the SOC is still showing 0% with batteries fully charged. I'm over the buggy software and responses from Chargery. I'll just have to live with the system as is and hope it doesn't fail.
You will NOT see the correct SOC untell you discharge then recharge.

You will NOT see the correct SOC untell you discharge then recharge.

Hello grizzzman. I'll find out later today when I charge. Either way, it doesn't matter since the current calibration is so off at times with too much drift. At this point, as long as it provides me with LVD and HVD protection, its fine

Okay,

I'm not sure what the deal is here, but I'm not able to set the Wh for the battery. It only lets me go negative values and not positive values. eg, only the down arrow works and not the up arrow on the display,

Thanks Craig. Looks like that fixed the problem.

I updated the update manual to highlight this important step.

Attachments

• Chargery BMS V4.0 update instructions (1).pdf
    397.3 KB · Views: 15
Am I the only one having problems? I have 4 of these units BMS8T. Just when I thought everything was good, problems started again. I performed the reset. recalibrated everything. Wh and Ah were showing up. I went to charge the batteries and two of the units turned off when it approached the HVD. One of the units was showing a low cell warning (0.000V). When I looked, it set itself to 7S (i have a 4S setup). I set it back to 4S but now I'm getting 0V for Ah and Wh

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_200730.jpg
    IMG_20200616_200730.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Here is what the display is showing now. Does this look right?

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_082459.jpg
    IMG_20200617_082459.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 16
Has anyone here used the electrodacus module? They are currently out of stock, but I'm seriously considering scraping this chargery stuff for their product. Too bad I was 1 month early on purchasing the chargery BMS before Will posted his review. I 100% agree with his findings plus poor support from Chargery doesn't help either.

Has anyone here used the electrodacus module? They are currently out of stock, but I'm seriously considering scraping this chargery stuff for their product. Too bad I was 1 month early on purchasing the chargery BMS before Will posted his review. I 100% agree with his findings plus poor support from Chargery doesn't help either.
I'm using the Electrodacus SBMS0. I first had a Chargery and then switched over to Electrodacus, mainly for some additional capabilities. The Chargery worked OK for me although there were a few issues that I posted about. The current sensor doesn't handle inverter ripple well. it displays an inaccurate large, slow variation in current when the inverter is running. If I kept using it I would have put anti-alias filtering on the current sense lines to fix it. The SOC wasn't accurate although that did improve a lot when I tried a beta copy of the new FW (I assume that is what is in 4.0 but haven't tried it.) I didn't have the level of bugginess issues you seem to be experiencing.

I'm quite happy with the SBMS0 so far. I don't want to turn this Chargery thread into an Electrodacus review so I'll send you more comments and maybe I'll post a review separately.

Hello Airtime,

Thank you. I look forward to your review. Too bad they are sold out at the moment. I'm using 4 of the BMS8T, maybe that is why I might be experiencing higher than normal issues. At the moment, 1 of the 4 is giving me trouble.

http://chargery.com/update.asp

includes: a "BMS08C3_V4.00_APP.hex" file , usb driver for windows, and an update program I hope is all compatible for my situation.

I just discovered the Chargery BMS8T w 300 amp shunt I purchased awhile back from ICGOGOGO store is version BMS08C3 V1.22. (although that info. might refer to LCD version only?) I thought I purchased BMS8T v 3.01 or 3.03. Wish I knew I could have ordered through Craig or Jason when I ordered it.

Running through the menu after wiring up to my 8 LiFePO4 battery cells revealed what seemed to me: lame or handicapped adjustment options/ on my 1st take of exploring the menu today. I was not able to adjust anything to LifePO4. Unit started up w LIPO on interface before I got into menus.

I am getting close to testing my 24v 280 Ah LiFePO4 set for capacity via turning on my LV2424s for a battery draw down. on way, ... I am going to attempt to update my Chargery BMS8T main unit plus the LCD to V.4.0 using the update instructions from link above, that came from the latest V4.00 manual.

Anyone done this already? If anyone has insights to offer, I am all eyes if someone posts anything. I will let you know what happen with my efforts later.

One insight from studying further is there are two separate update files:
BMS8T main unit update to V1.22
BMS8T LCD module update to V3.03

Maybe my main unit is V 3.03, but I could not tell via LCD interface. Hope my update effort renders what I obtained more usable for my needs.

Last edited:
Back