diy solar

diy solar

Chint High AIC fuses - Temp verse resistance testing class T, MRBF, ANL, Mega, and CB

robbob2112

Doing more research, mosty harmless
These fuses were mentioned in the house burned down thread over in up-in-smoke. I purchased two models and fuses off aliexpress to see how the resistance changed over time when running current through them. The thread below is the beginning of that discussion.

The reason they are interesting is because they have a much higher DC rating for AIC (amp interupt current) than the class T

These fuses are similar in appearance to the NT00, NT1, and NT2 fuses availble in the UK and Europe. They actually look pretty much identical except for the markings.
https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/41144.pdf - page 22

The NT2 is CE listed

Neither of these fuse types are UL listed so use at your own risk.

I have te two Chint fuses, several ANL fuses, some class T fuses, a Mega fuse, and a common lever breaker of a good brand.

I will run a hundred or so amps through them and measure temperature and resistance at a set interval. We know resistance increases with temperature so I was curious by how much.

The smaller of the Chint fuses I intend to blow on purpose then take it apart to examine build quality and see what is inside.

Attached are the documents I can find concerning them.

Markings on the fuses -
CCC - China Compulsory Certification - Chinese company that does standards like UL listing in the US
reinspection annually

TUV - Technischer Uberwachungs-Verien - - German Company that does standards similar to UL listing in the US

https://nationalfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/common-fuse-markings.pdf

Attachments

• knife-type-fuse-base-chint-Base-NRT36-CATALOG-7855.pdf
    949.7 KB · Views: 1
  • chint knife fuse catalog.pdf
    678.3 KB · Views: 2
I have te two Chint fuses, several ANL fuses, some class T fuses, a Mega fuse, and a common lever breaker of a good brand.

I will run a hundred or so amps through them and measure temperature and resistance at a set interval. We know resistance increases with temperature so I was curious by how much.

It will be interesting to find out the results. Once used a 110amp Littlefuse slow blow class T at 90 amps with it getting hot to the touch. Replaced with 150amp Littlefuse fast blow class T and at 90 amps it was barely warm.

Back