diy solar

diy solar

Choices, choices, and more choices, inverters!

I have a 1979 Dodge Falkland 27', so I feel your cramped issue
I got a 24ft class A on a Chevy P30. I got all my batteries underneath the couch in the living room. Further a Growatt AIO on the wall.

I feel that those RVs have plenty of space, just poor utilization.

I got a 24ft class A on a Chevy P30. I got all my batteries underneath the couch in the living room. Further a Growatt AIO on the wall.

I feel that those RVs have plenty of space, just poor utilization.
That's why I'm redoing mine. All in all, they're great because of the aluminum siding and one-piece aluminum roof.

The box where your shore power cable rolls up into could be removed. In it's place you would put in an outlet that an extension cable plugs into. It would be a way to get more space in that area, but I'm not sure it would be worth it. You would have to find storage for the cable somewhere else.

I considered doing the same thing in my RV trailer, but not for room. I so rarely use the shore power cable that I would like to leave 30 lbs of cable at home.

Well, darn, I guess I didn't generate enough interest. If I go with the Giandel, what quirks can I expect? Does anyone have a better solution in the poor man's budget in the $500 to $600 range? What would be a good 120-volt A/C to 24-volt DC charger that would play well with the Giandel if I go that way?
I built my budget backup system with a Giandel inverter. It's been good to me for over a year so far.

No problems, except for the "stock" wiring with the Giandel. My 12v 2200w unit pulls 180+ amps, and it came with 2 awg wire. I guess "technically" for the distance of the wire run, it's "good enough", but they get warm under a high load, so I upgraded to some 00 wiring.

Well, darn, I guess I didn't generate enough interest. If I go with the Giandel, what quirks can I expect? Does anyone have a better solution in the poor man's budget in the $500 to $600 range? What would be a good 120-volt A/C to 24-volt DC charger that would play well with the Giandel if I go that way?
I've been using this for over a year with no problems:
https://www.eco-worthy.com/collecti...d-pure-sine-wave-inverter-12v-24v-48v-to-110v

It runs a small constant load (300w) except when the sun don't shine. I have an ATS that switches to grid in that case.
I'm happy with it and at $369 it fits a poor man's budget.

Back