diy solar

diy solar

Coming Energy Prices …..

Most aid currently is in direct shipment of arms to Ukraine , the key driver is the desire to halt Russian aggression so as to demonstrate that rolling into other peaceful countries isn’t acceptable and in fairness it’s something that should have been demonstrated to GWB also.

Sure sure all those shoulder mounted anti tank weapons are going into the pockets of kids

Get a grip mate and stop inventing abject nonsense
I know nothing ….
I see nothing….
I’m here for solar only….
?

Attachments

• C8106938-D247-4FB7-8F39-5C359E9ECF0D.jpeg
    C8106938-D247-4FB7-8F39-5C359E9ECF0D.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
There used to be a somewhat popular musical group who wrote a song about dealing with what you speak of and the TAX issue… it was along time ago , but sounds like it was written today…
ya may find it interesting.. even if you have never heard it..it’s why they moved to the US..
Haa…

Beatles Lennon/ McCartney

One, two (one, two, three, four)

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman

(If you try to sit, sit) I'll tax your seat
(If you get too cold, cold) I'll tax the heat
(If you take a walk, walk) I'll tax your feet

'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman

Now my advice for those who die (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes (taxman)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me (taxman)
HAAA
It took me 50 + years to understand John Lennons wit.

HAAA
It took me 50 + years to understand John Lennons wit.
Interesting , cause “ taxman “ lyrics was written by George Harrison

Of course they set up Apple Records in the UK, to avoid tax in many jurisdictions, irrespective of tax , they retained enough money to harm themselves !

Harrison was driven to those lyrics largely by his opposition to military spending and in particular his opposition to the Vietnam war

By the way , only after the split did John become resident in the us. The Beatles remained tax resident in the uk but wrapped up stuff in Apple Records and a few offshore accounts

Last edited:
Interesting , cause “ taxman “ lyrics was written by George Harrison

Of course they set up Apple Records in the UK, to avoid tax in many jurisdictions, irrespective of tax , they retained enough money to harm themselves !

Harrison was driven to those lyrics largely by his opposition to military spending and in particular his opposition to the Vietnam war

By the way , only after the split did John become resident in the us. The Beatles remained tax resident in the uk but wrapped up stuff in Apple Records and a few offshore accounts
Dude.. seriously. Almost everything on every album was listed as Lennon / McCartney back them…, 63-69 ….even when it was a colaboration of unknown mixture.. it’s clearly lennons voice in the main vocal of the song but they usually did 2 or 3 part harmony, .… OK.
some stuff was due to George ( my favorite beatle) and I think a few went to Ringo .I didn’t reference the Album cover for ultimate accuracy before the post to even look. Who cares …. it was the Beatles …ok it was just the Beatles and Lennon was a huge part of the songs writing g and arranging even if he didn’t take credit for the origination of the song…it doesn’t matter…the message remains the same…the spirit of how true it is remains the same…read beyond the text sometimes , not just to the letter of the txt…

Ok , your a smart guy ,it’s obvious , but every comment someone makes here does not have to be a challenge to go into a “ tilting of lance mode” .. no one here is looking for a scrap for no reason..seriously let’s be friends…I mean what’s the deal..?

this is usually a very fun place to meet and share thoughts…
don’t make it otherwise… just be cool …chill and it’s more enjoyable for all. …and you will have fun too.

you have a nice day …..J.

Dude.. seriously. Almost everything on every album was listed as Lennon / McCartney back them…, 63-69 ….even when it was a colaboration of unknown mixture.. it’s clearly lennons voice in the main vocal of the song but they usually did 2 or 3 part harmony, .… OK.
some stuff was due to George ( my favorite beatle) and I think a few went to Ringo .I didn’t reference the Album cover for ultimate accuracy before the post to even look. Who cares …. it was the Beatles …ok it was just the Beatles and Lennon was a huge part of the songs writing g and arranging even if he didn’t take credit for the origination of the song…it doesn’t matter…the message remains the same…the spirit of how true it is remains the same…read beyond the text sometimes , not just to the letter of the txt…

Ok , your a smart guy ,it’s obvious , but every comment someone makes here does not have to be a challenge to go into a “ tilting of lance mode” .. no one here is looking for a scrap for no reason..seriously let’s be friends…I mean what’s the deal..?

this is usually a very fun place to meet and share thoughts…
don’t make it otherwise… just be cool …chill and it’s more enjoyable for all. …and you will have fun too.

you have a nice day …..J.
Facts are important , this isn’t Fox and Friends ☺️

The fact remains George Harrison is credited with the lyrics , google it and see
He was annoyed at the high tax rates but also he was opposed to military spending and especially the Vietnam war. This provided the push to write the lyrics.

John said “ he helped “ but John always claimed everything was his anyway

Facts are important , this isn’t Fox and Friends ☺️

The fact remains George Harrison is credited with the lyrics , google it and see
He was annoyed at the high tax rates but also he was opposed to military spending and especially the Vietnam war. This provided the push to write the lyrics.

John said “ he helped “ but John always claimed everything was his anyway
Once again you fail to understand my thoughts… my intent or overal message on any topic..
It’s almost like I’m speaking to a non earthling…or an AI device…beats me….I quit…!!

I no longer wish to continue this type exchange . I will not initiate or reply intentionally in any further conversation with you . ….please extend me the same courtacy…
in other words , leave me alone …I will leave you alone , period.
thank you…
I wish you the best, have a nice life.

Once again you fail to understand my thoughts… my intent or overal message on any topic..
It’s almost like I’m speaking to a non earthling…or an AI device…beats me….I quit…!!

I no longer wish to continue this type exchange . I will not initiate or reply intentionally in any further conversation with you . ….please extend me the same courtacy…
in other words , leave me alone …I will leave you alone , period.
thank you…
I wish you the best, have a nice life.
Hence the ignore button.
The omniscient knowledge of the woefully clueless.
He is brilliant you are a peasant.
The preeminent character of all these types.
?

Europe has such an "energy crisis" that at 3am you can see it from Mars.

View attachment 109297

In Europe, street lighting consumes a significant amount of electricity: there are more than 56 million street lighting luminaires in operation, with an estimated electricity consumption of 35 TWh. 35,000,000,000,000 Watt Hours.
Last winter I set up a smart switch to control the lights in our village. The mechanical timer was always getting off in the fall, so the street would be dark for 20 minutes before the lights came on, then someone would change the time setting, good for another week or two...

For some reason, the mayor wants lights on till 23:00, hoping I can use the energy crisis as reason to cut them at 21:30 or 22:00. (After that, there's almost never anyone out on the street, but shines thru our windows trying to get asleep).

NG prices will go up until there is enough political pressure to drill.
It's not a resource problem.

That said, I like many here, have chosen to be able to be largely energy independent to isolate myself from....whatever insane policy is in favor at the moment.

Russia/Ukraine is a blip. Failure to harden and upgrade the grid, and the coming demands on it by EV's, and the fickleness of grid tie solar will cause prices to soar, and grid stability to decrease. Anyone from CA can tell you what this is like.....and unless you have hydro or nuke, it's coming soon to a theater near you.
There will for sure be another look at fracking. Supposedly the Russians financed a lot of the environmentalists in the EU around this issue. Probably the dangers/fears around it are blown out of proportion like they are for nuclear.

Last winter I set up a smart switch to control the lights in our village. The mechanical timer was always getting off in the fall, so the street would be dark for 20 minutes before the lights came on, then someone would change the time setting, good for another week or two...

For some reason, the mayor wants lights on till 23:00, hoping I can use the energy crisis as reason to cut them at 21:30 or 22:00. (After that, there's almost never anyone out on the street, but shines thru our windows trying to get asleep).
Led lights offer significant cost savings for street lighting. Personally I’m in favour of dark night skies but the general populace wants the supposed security

Led lights offer significant cost savings for street lighting. Personally I’m in favour of dark night skies but the general populace wants the supposed security
The village did get those a few years ago. Gradually I've seen more villages switching. Perhaps there's some EU subsidy for it.

This year the mayor popped some PV LED lights on some of the poles. Unfortunately one is near our house, which is also by the bus stop. Idea clearly to keep certain places lit all night, like also some street intersections. There's really no reason in our dead end village.

The village did get those a few years ago. Gradually I've seen more villages switching. Perhaps there's some EU subsidy for it.

This year the mayor popped some PV LED lights on some of the poles. Unfortunately one is near our house, which is also by the bus stop. Idea clearly to keep certain places lit all night, like also some street intersections. There's really no reason in our dead end village.
Probably the influence of the EU Green procedures for public roads. This in essence promotes LED and dimmable public lighting options , for example new roads are supposed to dim light levels when traffic volumes are low etc

Still very new criteria , not a directive or a regulation yet but probably not long away from being mandatory , today it’s optional.

Last edited:
Looses are estimated to be 80,000
Contested number, 15,000 is closer to the truth and they are probably using up their old equipment. Russia has not mobilized in earnest and we are throwing many printed billions at it, so I dont see a crushing defeat anytime soon. Meanwhile, we have sanctioned ourselves into energy hell, especially for Europeans. This was what Hillary (and the mainstream media) wanted to see happen in 2016.

Show me the signed treaty that the West would not expand NATO.

Call me old fashioned, but I am opposed to countries invading other nations. (I was against the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and now against the invasion of Ukraine)
I consider myself old fashioned as well and I have zero doubt that assurances were made regarding NATO expanding onto Russia's doorstep. Whether handshakes or signed, it is guaranteed to come to blows if they do, and it did. Checks and balances on power naturally exist and the political/media/academia machine means to to test them (with other peoples lives and printed dollars).

I also was against the invasion of Iraq (1992 as a sixth grader). WMD circus and so many other places the west has "visited" recently and opened up a can of democracy. Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Ukraine (2014) etc.

Im not saying Russia is the good guy here but I am saying the western ego stroking, academia + media propaganda/corruption is dangerous and sad. Same with the Covid "science" we endured.

Russia is frighting thd workd. It will be defeated , it has the economy less then Italy and a military that has WW2 equipment.
Worth mentioning, we judge economies based on GDP, which is a sadly inflated number in our case (see Chris Martensons "Fuzzy Numbers" for impressive detail on this). US debt is currently about equal to the value of the entire United States real estate. The entire western world financial plan is based on unlimited growth (aka Ponzi scheme). Where does the energy come from to support exponential growth of debt? Without that, it all falls apart and then what are we left with. See Bernie Madoff and Enron, along with every single government in history that tried to print prosperity. We have a service based economy with crippled production, a massive political swamp and a health crisis to match. Luckily we do have some resources but Russia on the other hand, world class resources and partnered with Chinas world class production. The BRiCS nations represent billions of humans that do not subscribe to western propaganda, they dont buy western debt nor do they want to be the next Syria. The point is, they will side with Russia as the conflict expands. So lets not expand it and instead lets work on TRADE.

I consider myself old fashioned as well and I have zero doubt that assurances were made regarding NATO expanding onto Russia's doorstep. Whether handshakes or signed, it is guaranteed to come to blows if they do, and it did.
Gorbachev, who was the Soviet leader at the time, said otherwise.

On the other hand there were signed agreements that Russia did break, (which is an incentive for Russia's neighbours to join a defensive alliance.)
1662559546095.png

It was never about NATO expanding, nor about liberating Ukraine from Nazi's.

Gorbachev is not trusted, as he has betrayed the Soviet Union in the past. But even the CIA controlled Der Spiegel is admitting the promise made to the Soviet Union not to expand NATO.

According to an article in Der Spiegel, a newly discover documented dated March 1991 shows that discussions between the West and Russia made it clear that NATO would not expand past East Germany an agreement that it appears to have reneged on.

The military standoff between the Ukraine and Russia stems from the latter’s demands for NATO to curb its expansion in to Eastern Europe, in what it sees as a threat to its security.

The key text in the minutes from the meeting quotes US Assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Canada Raymond Seitz saying: “We made it clear to the Soviet Union, in the 2+4 talks, as well as in other negotiations that we do not intend to benefit from the withdrawal of Soviet troops from Eastern Europe,”
“NATO should not expand to the east, either officially or unofficially.”

A British representative also mentions the existence of a “general agreement” that membership of NATO for eastern European countries is “unacceptable.”

West German diplomat Juergen Hrobog said of the 1991 agreement: “We had made it clear during the 2+4 negotiations that we would not extend NATO beyond the Elbe. We could not therefore offer Poland and others membership in NATO.”
The minutes later clarified he was referring to the Oder River, the boundary between East Germany and Poland. Hrobog further noted that West German Chancellor Helmut Kohl and Foreign Minister Hans-Dietrich Genscher had agreed with this position as well.

The document was found in the UK National Archives by Joshua Shifrinson, a political science professor at Boston University in the US. It had been marked “Secret” but was declassified at some point.

Shifrinson tweeted on Friday he was “honoured” to work with Der Spiegel on the document showing that “Western diplomats believed they had indeed made a NATO non-enlargement pledge.”

“Senior policymakers deny a non-expansion pledge was offered. This new document shows otherwise,” Shifrinson said in a follow-up tweet, noting that “beyond” the Elbe or Oder by any standard includes Eastern European countries to which NATO started expanding just eight years later.

Gorbachev is not trusted, as he has betrayed the Soviet Union in the past. But even the CIA controlled Der Spiegel is admitting the promise made to the Soviet Union not to expand NATO.
You accuse Der Spiegel of being CIA controlled and at the same time claim that Der Spiegel is supporting the Putin's (false) narrative?

The reason you sign treaties (and publish) is so that every one can see what was agreed on, Russia invaded anyway.

1662563202028.png

IT's so weird - here in Southern Oregon, our power has been 11c/kwh for the 12years I've lived here. At this level I'm about 22yrs out to recoup my expenditures - but that's OK, not begrudging the low price for power! :) But yet all over the place, energy costs are rising. I guess it's because of the heavy hydro-electric generation in Oregon? Of course the price has to go up eventually - but I don't get why it's been low/steady for so long now. So much variation!

Here's our current electric bill for Aug 2022 in Southern Oregon - 11c/kwh
1662564371625.png

Here's what it was from PGE / San Jose CA in March 2009 just before moving to Oregon - 28c/kwh. I shudder to think what it is now!
1662564782746.png

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back