diy solar

diy solar

Common Buss bar

retroman

I'm still having problems getting power from my new array. My original array and its corresponding MPPT is working all of the time. The new array with its separate wires and corresponding MPPT is usually on "Sleeping" mode and is producing basically no amps. It recognizes the voltage coming in from the new array but is not churning out the amps. I suspect that it isn't sensing a load because the original array set up is doing all of the work. All of my units are from Outback and, I am Grid-Tied. The Outback techs tell me that the MPPTs need to have a+ and - buss bar apart from the other components but I can't imagine the value of that since all + and- es end up together eventually. I also have what Outback calls a HUB. Its job is to co-ordinate all of its inputs...but it isn't solving my problem. What am I missing here?
I dread calling Outback on the phone having to listen to their repetitive music for an hour or so.....mercy!

All of my units are from Outback and, I am Grid-Tied. The Outback techs tell me that the MPPTs need to have a+ and - buss bar apart from the other components

No you're right that doesn't seem logical to me either. BUT I would do as the outback techs ask to the letter

Then if/when that doesn't work , it's their problem and they should sort it out under warranty

If I disable the operating MPPT.....the other MPPT kicks in and does what it is expected to do. I'll try to get a sketch of my system posted here.

If the settings are identical for both SCC's. I would see if they are both seeing the same battery voltage. The one that is going dormant could be seeing a higher voltage. And assuming that the battery is satisfied.

Back