diy solar

diy solar

Compatibility Issues Growatt 3000TL-24v and Tesla Model S Module

audia4_20t

I got a Growatt 3000TL-24v inverter, which I had previously ran with a CHINS battery. I found a cheap Tesla Model S 24v pack and got a BMS from Overkill Solar. Everything was great until I went to set it up and two settings are really screwing me up

1698538008631.png

The issue is that the Tesla module is best between ~19.5v and 24.0v. It looks like I'm pretty screwed because with these settings, as soon as it drops below 22v it switches back to grid power and won't stop until the battery is completely full.

Any ideas? I'm debating getting rid of this Tesla module, or the Growatt unit. The 48V unit would have the same issues.

I thought that maybe one of these settings could get around it, but both SOL & SBU are what I want to use.

1698538172358.png

TIA

Not sure you can do much with the Growatt. Looking at a Conext 4024 inverter, seems like dc range is 20-34v. Also need additional components as it’s not an All In One.

Attachments

• IMG_3964.jpeg
    IMG_3964.jpeg
    456.6 KB · Views: 3
The issue is that the Tesla module is best between ~19.5v and 24.0v. It looks like I'm pretty screwed because with these settings, as soon as it drops below 22v it switches back to grid power and won't stop until the battery is completely full.
You are screwed. I verified the setting on my similar inverter (powmr) and it's the same 22V and 24V minimum.
It's why I builded a 7S NMC battery. 6S give a bit to low voltage.

Thanks for the feedback. The good news is I got the Tesla module for $300 so I might be able to flip it.

Back