diy solar

diy solar

Complete guide for 48V using EG4 18k

Yes it will run from battery only.
Here is the fix for your 24v RSD.
Pull the connector circled and plug into the -12 +12 port, leave the previous wire dangling.

Welp, sure enough, mine looks like what you had pictured above.

1697234665124.png

I powered the unit off, swapped the plugs, so it now looks like this:

1697234724660.png

Unfortunately, still have no voltage on those pins. :/

1697235288712.png

Last edited:
Also, see the picture below - the display is powered on, but look at the battery breakers below:

1697234901408.png

Not exactly sure what breaks what. I could turn that off, and the other one on, and the display would also come on.

Those little push connectors are a pain in the arse to use, try poking some wire in them and then use your meter leads on the wires. Don't tell signature solar but I actually broke my connector with my meter leads LOL.
Now grab yourself the latest firmware available in the app to fix that battery sense issue. There is also a setting for off grid use that needs to be checked.

Those little push connectors are a pain in the arse to use, try poking some wire in them and then use your meter leads on the wires. Don't tell signature solar but I actually broke my connector with my meter leads LOL.
Now grab yourself the latest firmware available in the app to fix that battery sense issue. There is also a setting for off grid use that needs to be checked.

The first go round, I stuck wire up there for testing, but I didn't this last time, so I'll give that a try and edit this post with an update - hopefully with better news.

UPDATE 10 mins later: No luck, there's no voltage from those pins, and the meter's fine because I see 53V when testing the battery cables right next to it.

Regarding the latest firmware, I think I have the latest for the unit, but I don't have the latest LCD firmware, which I think is V11. I formatted an 8GB drive with Fat32, moved the DWIN_SET folder to the root of the drive and rebooted it, but it didn't do anything, just booted up as usual. I spose I could try another drive, I'm sure I have a few older ones laying around.

I wonder if either issue has anything to do with the battery alarm error since I haven't hooked up battery communications just yet.

Alternatively, is there some setting in the app that I'm unaware of that I need to enable?

Last edited:
Okay first of all do you have 24 volts on that wire that you moved earlier?
And on the display update you must turn off every single power source to the inverter. Pv, battery, and grid must all be off then turn it on and it should boot from the memory stick then.
Oh and with the memory stick, you must follow the formatting instructions exactly, there was another setting that was not the default dos command.

Okay first of all do you have 24 volts on that wire that you moved earlier?
Unfortunately no, figured maybe I needed to enable some setting in the app.

And on the display update you must turn off every single power source to the inverter. Pv, battery, and grid must all be off then turn it on and it should boot from the memory stick then.
I only have battery power to the inverter, so I just cut power to the batteries to reboot it. I can see a light on the USB drive flashing upon reboot, so there's power to the USB drive, it just blinks and boots normally.

Oh and with the memory stick, you must follow the formatting instructions exactly, there was another setting that was not the default dos comm

I spose I can try to reformat it or find another drive. The instructions were pretty straight forward so maybe it's my drive, but from what I can tell, it should be good based on the instructions:

1697249480786.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately no, figured maybe I needed to enable some setting in the app.

I only have battery power to the inverter, so I just cut power to the batteries to reboot it. I can see a light on the USB drive flashing upon reboot, so there's power to the USB drive, it just blinks and boots normally.

I spose I can try to reformat it or find another drive. The instructions were pretty straight forward so maybe it's my drive.
You need to swap two wires on the communication board for the 24v.

....let us know how it goes.
Yeah the NTC port gets a reading of 2V, but I get nothing from the two-pin connection with the other end attached to the main board. Perhaps @Markus_EG4 has some suggestions?

On the two-pin connector that connects to the main board, from the wire to the pin it passes resistance checks, so it doesn't appear to be a faulty / loose connector. I just didn't know if I needed to enable some setting in the app / on the inverter, or if for some reason, the inverter needed more than just batteries connected?

Where would you have me probe for voltage? Between pins 4&5 or 4&6 to get 12v, or are you talking about somewhere else?

1697251794000.png

Also, if you're in Germany and it's almost 5am, you're a beast if you haven't gone to bed yet and you're providing tech support!

diy solar

diy solar
Back