diy solar

diy solar

Crappy CALB SE200 cells - use as is, re-purpose them, or dump them?

Just to close this one down, after lots of toing and froing with AliExpress customer service on my dispute, I gave up trying to improve the result further and accepted an approx 50% refund. Hopefully, I'll be able to get enough life out of these (perhaps after replacing just the worst ones) to at least recover the remaining cost in electricity consumption savings. In the meantime, am still considering alternate cells from NKON or Docan also.

I have learned anytime someone uses the term "reliable source" I automatically know its anything but, more sad stories with the so called reliable source than any other.

Yes aliexpress = 90% likelihood its a scam, alibaba is about 50%. likelihood.
You are correct..More money is lost by people trying to save money or get somthing for nothing than anything else in life.... PT Barnum summed it up a long time ago…..
It’s Even More true today….

Received a reply from CALB USA there a short while ago - see below. A bit inconclusive in some respects, but at least there's confirmation from the source that the cells are out of production.

The series number I sent was not mistyped, so the supposition about Feb 29, 2021 was incorrectly (no such date anyway). I've sent a follow up query with a few more details on my cell test results and will see if I can get any more guidance.

View attachment 145077
Hilarious reply from Keegan production date Feb 29 2021..... LOL

Back