diy solar

diy solar

Crazy low prices on Aliexpress LifePO4 320A, with buyer protection?

Of course they can, they have their own fake shipping / tracking company to generate delivery receipts that Aliexpress accepts.
Good luck.
You do realize no one makes 420 ah cells, don't you?

I've ordered over a hundred items from AliExpress and only once had a fake tracking number claiming delivery which USPS was unable to corroborate, for a low dollar item. Biggest package I ordered was around $800 worth of solar cells, via DHL. I'd never lost a dispute that the seller went hardball denial on, AliExpress always ruled in my favor, me being careful to give appraisal of the market value of what I'd received and if appraisal/evidence was difficult then not asking for more than 20% refund (seems to be a magic %). e.g. A good picture of each very swollen cell with a ruler should get ~20% back for each of those affected cells easy (via Aliexpress mediation, not necessarily seller). Don't be punitive or focus on the cost/inconvenience to you, focus on the market value of what was received. Otherwise there is the risk of AliExpress falling back to their policy of a full refund only if you ship it back.

Stick to older AliExpress sellers with 1,000-10k+ lithium battery sales with good reviews, and sufficient details (e.g. weight) in the product page to use in a dispute. e.g. liitokala Official Store, liitokala Factory Store, MEIBrandauthorized Store, Tewaycell Store at a glance. I thank these forum members for pointing out the used or B-grade nature of said products (the need to order spares), and incidents of fraud (e.g. stones in battery, relabeling/resleeving smaller capacity with larger capacity, grossly mislabeling product). Also, use a cash back service such as 'Giving Assistant' for ~5.5% cash back (caps at $43 total back of ~$780 in cumulative payments, sad they added that cap this year...).

EDIT: Also if the cells don't arrive around a week before buyer protection ends then you have to message the seller to extend protection. If they don't extend then you open up a dispute (before protection ends!) asking for full refund, and no matter what you do, do not comply with the seller in asking you to close the dispute (they can be very persuasive), they lost that chance by not extending buyer protection. Wait for AliExpress mediation to step in and give full refund for non-delivery and failure to extend protection. I've had to do this 3-4x where the seller doesn't refund voluntarily and it is a headache, and risk of loosing money for forgetting about something you ordered 3 months ago...

EDIT2: A negative MEIBrandauthorized Store forum review here and here. In the first circumstance one should ask AliExpress for a refund of the difference between the 310Ah cells and the ones received, ~18% refund for the 3 better cells, more for the 252Ah cell, appraising using prices from the same store. Due to the risk these AliExpress used/B-grade cells may indeed be priced too high in comparison to grade A cells from other channels. Then again maybe they're fine depending on the use-case, like home storage rather than vehicle, you're able to gather the necessary evidence in a dispute (which may include long video), and buying extra cells to compensate for the risk of duds. If seller/AliExpress won't offer replacement/refund for the duds at no cost to you then I think a chargeback is not unreasonable, the seller should have never shipped those in the first place and recycled them domestically. Giving them a quote for $1.5/lb or whatever your local recycler offers would be market value, and they get to eat shipping costs and you can still use AliExpress for other supplies. Probably best not to buy batteries on AliExpress :(

Last edited:
Finally capacity tested these so called 320ah batteries. The test completed at 180ah. So not as advertised, the cost is still too high at $527.00 since they are grade "B" cells. If anyone wants to buy them $100.00 takes all four. The rating is not what the label states, codes are covered, for the price could make a good camper battery. I will not ship them, they are located near Albuquerque NM.

Attachments

• 20211125_082852.jpg
    20211125_082852.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20211125_082857.jpg
    20211125_082857.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
opened a dispute for full refund and uploaded conversations with seller, aliexpress accepted and refund on its way. from what i have read its best to find eve cells from amy at dongguan lightning

this the way forward or is there better options, thanks in advance

It's been a few months since checking in with this thread. As of today, I've been scammed by two AliExpress purchases for 8x320AH batteries and about to get scammed by a eBay seller... They're supposed to be delivered before Jan 4th... not likely! I thought eBay was the smarter choice as I purchased from a seller with good feedback and has been in business for awhile :p I assume this eBay seller is just drop shipping from AliExpress lol... so back to square one. Overall, It's been 6 months trying to get cells to me at a descent price (not lowest!). So now that 6 months have passed.... Any suggestions where to get good cells at a good price? And not get scammed?

PS... I'm in Canada

Recently some dealers started to offer 320AH for crazy cheap prices on Aliexpress including shipment. The offer says "75 day buy protection". Does it really work? Who gives this protection? Aliexpress or the dealer?

The specs are also very high 6000 cycles, 320AH. Is this even possible?
What do you think?
Says item unavailable on AliExpress.

It's been a few months since checking in with this thread. As of today, I've been scammed by two AliExpress purchases for 8x320AH batteries and about to get scammed by a eBay seller... They're supposed to be delivered before Jan 4th... not likely! I thought eBay was the smarter choice as I purchased from a seller with good feedback and has been in business for awhile :p I assume this eBay seller is just drop shipping from AliExpress lol... so back to square one. Overall, It's been 6 months trying to get cells to me at a descent price (not lowest!). So now that 6 months have passed.... Any suggestions where to get good cells at a good price? And not get scammed?

PS... I'm in Canada
This thread has been opened awhile now. Have you taken a peek? If you think they are too expensive, your expectations are not realistic.

PS... I'm in Canada
Numerous people have ordered from Amy with no issues

PS... I'm in Canada
Message @Amy Zheng many of us on the forum have received perfect cells from her at Doncan in the past 6 months. I just received my 2nd order.

Check reviews here and here

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's suggestions to contact Amy Zheng... I've done so and waiting for her response.

I have been dealing with some suppliers directly on AliBaba, but I'm super apprehensive as I was with AliExpress. Unfortunately I'm unable to use PayPal or a credit card through AliBaba due to some odd "security reason." I need to make payment through a wire transfer (T/T). I've found a supplier that's reputable and has been on AliBaba for 5+ years, but if for any reason there's a dispute, everything is in the hands of AliBaba and their "Trade Assurance.".... If it's anything I've learned from AliExpress.. it's the seller is always right!

Has anyone here had to file a dispute through AliBaba? Are they any more trustworthy/reasonable than AliExpress? Oddly, my bank states that I'm even protected with a wire transfer, but somehow I doubt that and feel that if my money is sent, I'll consider it gonzo.

I tried to pay Docan with PayPal and that failed due to security issues. Called PayPal, nothing on their side. I ended up paying using the same PayPal account directly to Docan's PayPal account.

I'm not certain what is the deal with Alibaba and their issues with PayPal. Probably because if you are correct, you are more likely to get your money back from PayPal than the scam Alibaba/Aliexpress has with their 'Trade Assurance". I think they are more for assurance for business' than buyers.

Why didn't I find this forum before ordering back in november?
Being scammed by Shop912168094 Store
Dispute ongoing, aliexpress seems to ask them for more information. I just posted some of this forum hacks.
In my case shipping to france is done through chinapost, which they can probably hack, or simply generate false tracking labels with destination address.
Same as you all, 17track says delivered, but also chinapost! 17track gives chinapost as sender, and even french post as local delivery service.
But no french tracking number.
chinapost give the same information, and seems to be the cause of the scam.
later, their crappy tracking system give roma as package destination (luckily for me)
Large scale SCAM!

Not certain how you paid, but I used PayPal and got my money back fairly quick. I did not go through AliExpress due to the bias they appear to have.

In the end, you need to learn the best transactions are when you purchased something at a fair price and got the service you paid for. When you forcus/shop on price, you will ignore the obvious signs of fraud. It's only fair that a business makes money. They have an over head and employee's to take care of. When the price drops too low, someone is getting screwed and it's usually not the owner.

Back