diy solar

diy solar

Custom 280ah battery rack vs Luyuan Battery Box

"Airswitch" is that the on/off button for the JK BMS? Looks like it must have an extension lead go from from next to the screen on the front panel to the JKBMS module that is located behind the negative terminal? Normally the lead on the on/off switch for JKBMS is only about 6 inches long. Is the screen a JK BMS screen or a different screen? The screen has its own box and connects to the +ve and -ve terminal. I thought the JKBMS screen connected directly to JKBMS. The circuit breaker is rated at 150A. Looks like the video left out a few details like securing the second screws on the double terminals of the EVE 304 cells and no balance loom connected. Do the busbars have threaded holes to connect balance wires?

Nice video. Seems the CAN connectors only have wire connections on the rear side. Perhaps I was mistaken there was some kind of electronic board?

1675156699369.png
This is the foto from the shop. Ah, wait, I think this could be the BMS?

Also, not sure if I trust this connection ;)

1675156532350.png

"Airswitch" is that the on/off button for the JK BMS? Looks like it must have an extension lead go from from next to the screen on the front panel to the JKBMS module that is located behind the negative terminal? Normally the lead on the on/off switch for JKBMS is only about 6 inches long. Is the screen a JK BMS screen or a different screen? The screen has its own box and connects to the +ve and -ve terminal. I thought the JKBMS screen connected directly to JKBMS. The circuit breaker is rated at 150A. Looks like the video left out a few details like securing the second screws on the double terminals of the EVE 304 cells and no balance loom connected. Do the busbars have threaded holes to connect balance wires?
I think "air switch" is the circuit braker?

Other question: how do the cells get fixed in place lengthwise (left/right)?

The OutBack Power Radian GSLC box I got of CL (empty) fits the 280's pretty good with spacing between the cells. The height was still a bit much though so I will need to make a plexi cover for it at some point. I had about 3-4" left long ways ... think they are ~800 new though and you will end up knocking out the standoffs and drilling off the rivets and discarding the top ;)
First post here has a picture of it before I migrated it to its new home upstairs (which required me to take all the batteries out since it weighed ~180 lbs) https://diysolarforum.com/threads/i...or-battery-bank-and-sma-si-load-center.52698/

Just to give a quick update, I received 16 cells, battery case, JK 200A BMS and display ordered 1/29/2023 and received 4/18/2023 in Northern CA.

I gave the batteries a quick look and they were fine. Measured the voltage and they were close as expected in the 3.35 range. I was impatient so I just assembled everything with the sub-par bus bars (got some copper ones on order) and instantly started charging the pack with an external power supply limited to 5A.

I was surprised to find within a few minutes, 12 of the 16 cells were already at the knee and started rising very quickly. Needless to say, one hit OVP and of charging stopped. with 4 cells still lagging behind at 3.35V and 300mV delta, the 2A balancer was not equipped to bring these cell voltages up. I used the same external PSU and started charging the cells directly (unprotected) and watched the voltages carefully. When then started rising up to 3.6 volts, I cut off the charging. It took like a good hour for each cell so maybe these cells have more internal resistance and therefore lost more capacity during shipping or they were just ~5Ah off of the other 12 cells.

One day later, all the cells are balanced to within 5mV but i haven't put it through a discharge and charge cycle.

Is that the only way to reset the JK BMS capacity? I see no buttons to synchronize to 100%.

" So I will probably have to side mount the batteries
Have you verified that the orientation you want to use, is safe for the batteries? They are ok in some orientations, not in others. There's a post about it somewhere on the forum.

Believe you can use their software to set your capacity manually.
I've set the capacity already but it seems like maybe a cell OVP was needed or some threshold voltage for the SOC to jump to 100%. It's all okay now.

I got basic logging of jk bms and the delta voltage is most interesting. When charging up to 3.5v per cell, the max delta reaches 50mV which is quite good I think. What do you all think?

Hi All!
Such a house and 16 cells with jk-bms have been on the way since the beginning of February.
(If I knew it was such a long time...)
I would like to make its place, but I can't find the exact outer dimensions of the box.
Can someone write it for me?
Thanks!

Hi All!
Such a house and 16 cells with jk-bms have been on the way since the beginning of February.
I would like to make its place, but I can't find the exact outer dimensions of the box.
Thanks!
I hope it gets to you. Amy refunded my order (just the box and jkbms), because the package never left customs in Poland despite waiting months.

Hi All!
Thanks!
Do you still need the outer dimensions of the box?

Back