diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS connected Bluetooth but no data

andyP

Hi all.

My Daly 250 BMS has been working fine for 2 years (and still is working fine I think). But now when I connect to the Bluetooth it connects but I get a screen with no data. Any suggestions?

First noticed it today. Last checked it all a week ago and it was fine.

Trouble shooting so far: Ive swapped the BT module, and swapped the connecting cable. Still no data.

It's a 4s 12v set up and discharging at 6amps right now. There's only 1 temp probe attached so all this data is spurious holding data it shows before receiving from the unit.

Screenshot_2023-01-04-17-07-23-440_com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy.jpg

Yes as I said it's a 4s 12v set up and discharging at 6amps right now. There's only 1 temp probe attached so all this data is spurious holding data the app shows before receiving data from the unit.

Also tried: installing an older version of the app, and tried it on tablet as well as phone.

SOLVED.
This was caused by the app update somehow managing to crash the BMS communication protocol.

To fix it, firstly uninstall the app. Use APKpure.com to install a previous version. I went for 2.1. Then prevent auto updates in the app in Play Store

Then fully disconnect the BMS, balance leads and all. Wait a bit and reconnect it.

Then post below how much you hate this nullshit app. Grrr.

Thanks Andy,

I downgraded the app on my phone and can confirm you only need to disconnect the balance leads for a bit. Reconnected and was working again. Showing 100% but hopefully a top up will fix that.

Solved. It's a glitch with the latest android app version. It crashes the communication protocol. Only solution was to restart the BMS and install an older version of the the app.

Last edited:
Thanks Andy,

I downgraded the app on my phone and can confirm you only need to disconnect the balance leads for a bit. Reconnected and was working again. Showing 100% but hopefully a top up will fix that.
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with this problem. Surprised there aren't more people reporting it.

There is an app called SBT (available on android or IOS) that looks identical to the older app versions and works great.
Can you post a link to the app. Google play shows a load of apps with that name. I couldn't find any BMS.

There is an app called SBT (available on android or IOS) that looks identical to the older app versions and works great.
Thanks for the tip, this has solved my Daly issue. After not using the BMS for a while (because ☃️) I returned to the Daly Smart BMS app and found I could connect to the BMS but no data was displayed. Then I couldn’t connect to the app and worse still the BMS apparently was shut down and not allowing current to pass thru it. I’m on iOS 16.2.

Downloading the SBT app had a similar result - couldn’t connect to BMS, probably because the bms was off thru the “Smart BMS” app crashing it. Using multimeter in both directions didn’t wake the BMS until I removed it from my load circuit then the multimeter did wake the BMS and now SBT app is working fine and displaying live data, as per screenshot below.

I’m staying away from “smart BMS” app and will just use SBT now, which works and looks just like the previous version of Smart BMS app did.

Thanks to @XvGt for the pointer towards this thread. I’m attaching a screenshot of the SBT app icon in case it helps @andyP but as I’m on iOS I can help with a link.

BBA2AC1A-30A4-4D45-B648-95098DC2F3B2.jpeg

Attachments

• 61D8BE67-FB03-4963-8A3F-2E8111612793.jpeg
    61D8BE67-FB03-4963-8A3F-2E8111612793.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 50
I can't get SBT due to country restrictions on Google Play. If anyone has a link to the APK they can share I'd be really grateful.

My batteries have been in storage for a while. Yesterday I decided to check them and found the no data bug. The reason I am posting is because there is a little more to the puzzle. I have two packs with Daly BMSs. One works fine with the smart Bms 2.1.0 and the other doesn’t, go figure. Using the SBT app both BMS worked without any resets. Thanks for the good info!!

Back