diy solar

diy solar

Darfon H5001 & B09ULF 9.6kWh LFP Battery

cambi8989

Hi. I'm installing this Darfon system with my master electrician. This is a single family home with solar.

4 x H5001hybrid inverters
8 x B09ULF 9.6kWh LFP Battery
original designed to be a whole home backup until Darfon when back and told me this is impossible. so it is backing up a sub panel.

Darfon is no help. We have been working on this project for one year back and forth with darfon and are still having issues.

Inverters seem to be working fine as just solar inverters. Solar comes in and inverts as necessary. even charges the batteries.

BUT Batteries do not go below 100% SOC so it's as if they do not exist on the system. Power goes out and we have to manually switch the ATS's and turn the generator on. This is supposed to be done by the darfons automatically.

Darfon claims the system should work the way we have it set up. nonetheless it does not. we've had their engineers zoom call us and troubleshoot this system several times.

My father wants me to figure this out but I just want to rip them out and put in a different system. It's been a year of troubleshooting with darfon.

Anyone here know anything helpful about darfons because I don't know what I'm doing here obviously.

batteries and inverters 2.jpgbatteries and inverters.jpgexternal disconnect and meter.jpgline diagram.jpgpanels.jpg

After a year you must have tried every conceivable combination. Just out of curiosity have you tried running 1 inverter with settings as if it were a stand alone device with 1 battery, no communication (as if it were a generic or DIY battery) its got to be a configuration or firmware issue. No way all the inverters are defective.

I was looking at Darfon a few years ago but 5kW wasn't quite enough and the price for 2 was still reasonable so was seriously considering the brand for AC coupling. The deciding factor was that stacked Darfon inverters have to be derated, so with 2 you don't actually get 10kW. What??

After a year you must have tried every conceivable combination. Just out of curiosity have you tried running 1 inverter with settings as if it were a stand alone device with 1 battery, no communication (as if it were a generic or DIY battery) its got to be a configuration or firmware issue. No way all the inverters are defective.

I was looking at Darfon a few years ago but 5kW wasn't quite enough and the price for 2 was still reasonable so was seriously considering the brand for AC coupling. The deciding factor was that stacked Darfon inverters have to be derated, so with 2 you don't actually get 10kW. What??
We have gotten 20 kw of solar out of 4.

What is controlling ATS #1 switching to Darfon inverters for power to the main panel?

Back