diy solar

diy solar

Darfon AIO Inverter have you heard of it before?

robby

Photon Vampire
I got a call yesterday from the owner of the Solar Installation place down the road asking if I was interested in seeing one of his older Hybrid Installations. So I said sure.

I snuck in two quick pictures of his Darfon Inverter in operation. The owner says he has had it for a few years and has had zero problems with it. Says it Auto switches over to battery if the Grid goes down and the battery and PV work together to power his house.

Display.jpg

This is the unit itself and it is Split Phase and stack able.

Darfon 5001

Label.jpg

The Unit is really well built.

Interesting, I've never heard of them. I looked at their website and this inverter seems to have been replaced with their newer H5001 (Looks like they are the same inverter, the H5001 just has a distribution box on the bottom). I'm guessing only the H5001STK is stackable? The specs look impressive and it doesn't appear to have high idle draw either. The newer HB51 can be AC coupled.

Here's a link to their website, hybrid inverters, a 2018 press release, and some basic info:

"About Us​

Darfon Electronics Corporation, established in 1997, is a Taiwan-based company with global offices in the United States, the Czech Republic and South Korea. It is one of sixteen independently operated companies in the BenQ Group. Darfon recorded consolidated annual sales revenue of approximately $1 billion USD and employs 16,200 people worldwide.

Darfon is the world's leading notebook keyboard and power supply manufacturer. In the past 16 years, the company has acquired more than 1,200 global patents and 10 international design awards. Utilizing its power supply and integrated material expertise to develop and expand its solar division, Darfon entered the solar industry in 2011.

Darfon is dedicated to producing high-quality solar products. From its micro inverters to its web-based monitoring system, Darfon believes in creating a solar power solution that is efficient and dependable, as well as, user-friendly."

Last edited:
This video seems to give more insight (inverter discussion starts at 26 min)

Looks like a fairly flexible and impressive system! Unknow what the pricing is though. I see Renvu shows it on their website, although not in stock. I can reach out to my contact there and see about pricing and availability.

Last edited:
I think he said it was around $3500.
I can tell you that it is well built, I have seen several $1500 Chinese Inverters and the Darfon has a much better build quality.

FWIW, Renvu no longer sells this product/brand, I guess the link on their site as been archived for a long time.

Back