diy solar

diy solar

Did I Make a Mistake Buying This From Signature Solar?

At this point, you have already made the purchase.
Hook it up and see if it works for you. (Some have had issues, some have not)
If you have any issues. We will do our best to help you get through them.
Good luck on your journey and welcome to the forum.
Timselectric......you are better than the Encyclopedia Britannica......sure helped me bunches.

Thanks to those who gave insightful and constructive replies. Just for everyone's edification, I did do a load calc on what I am likely to be using, I have no need at the present for a split phase system. I did shop around at a few different suppliers and when everything was priced out individually, this package came out to be $286 less than everyone else's individual prices, at the time, SS's as well. Add in free shipping, probably around $400, or more... If my math is correct...

In my business, I deal with support on a continual basis, so I know how it goes. At least these people speak fluent English. I am also not a "slap in up, half ass, got to get it done asap" kind of technician, as I suspect some who have issues here, with anything, are.

The system has been designed for specific needs, with expansion capabilities. The panel mount will hold 36 panels total if I decide to use the second inverter for a large 120VAC system. I will tig weld the panel mount out of aluminum that I have in the machine shop stock room.

I have been electronically restoring vintage tube audio equipment and ham radio tube equipment for 50 years, so I know a thing or two about high DC voltages that will kill you before you hit the ground. This is why my name is "one hand" always having the other in your pocket is good advice.

In time, perhaps this place will be of some value. We shall see.

Thank You.
Lots of good information that could have been included in your first post.

You also mentioned this purchase is your first “real system”, what other PV systems have you commissioned?

Sorry for my pervious comment as it didn’t address your concerns. It seems many people get caught up in the “rush” and buy first then ask questions later as their first post. . .

I have never purchased anything from SS so I can’t personally comment if you will regret your purchase. But it sounds like your eyes are now open so if you stay positive it’ll probably be a great system.

At a minimum if something does go south you should like you should be able to troubleshoot any major issues vs be solely dependent on tech support which seems to be SS sore point for those that are less experienced in electronics.

Last edited:
Back