diy solar

diy solar

Different Amp Hour Banks....

Jbbonnette

Question....

I'm making a "battery cart", my intent is to make 3 of these when I'm complete. As I put this together, I have two strings of 16S/280AH. I was worried about size/room/weight, so my third string (of this first cart) is 100AH. I've watched vids on youtube where this seems to be successful. In such vids, the 280AH banks pull/charge at 30 or 40, while the 100AH is 10-12. Unless the youtuber is keeping secrets, it seems to be ok. Thoughts?

Am I missing anything. Is there any problems with this setup?

Building with Batrium BMS.

thanks

Members here have mismatched batteries Like you suggest; issues are when they go to low.

Question....

I'm making a "battery cart", my intent is to make 3 of these when I'm complete. As I put this together, I have two strings of 16S/280AH. I was worried about size/room/weight, so my third string (of this first cart) is 100AH. I've watched vids on youtube where this seems to be successful. In such vids, the 280AH banks pull/charge at 30 or 40, while the 100AH is 10-12. Unless the youtuber is keeping secrets, it seems to be ok. Thoughts?

Am I missing anything. Is there any problems with this setup?

Building with Batrium BMS.

thanks
I assume you mean you will have the strings in parallel? Watch this video and the one after.
Also, Will just did a video within the last few weeks you should also review. I do not think you will have a problem.

I assume you mean you will have the strings in parallel? Watch this video and the one after.
Also, Will just did a video within the last few weeks you should also review. I do not think you will have a problem.
Correct. 3 strings in parallel.

Back