diy solar

diy solar

DLG E-BOX 48100R, testing and tinkering.

Found the issue the bms sends to the invertor that the recomanded current should be 5A. Insane! I have already contacted pytes. If you see slow charge and you know that you have power for charging more, go to console do login debug and after do pwrsys and see recomended current charge. After a reset the problem was temporary solved!
Hi, mesia.

Having the same issue. Battrey recommends 5A charge and 10A discharge currents. Can you please elaborate, what is the 'reset' procedure (powering off and on again didn't help, "config default" in debug mode didn't help either) and why this solution is temporary?

Last edited:
Its
Hi, mesia.

Having the same issue. Battrey recommends 5A charge and 10A discharge currents. Can you please elaborate, what is the 'reset' procedure (powering off and on again didn't help, "config default" in debug mode didn't help either) and why this solution is temporary?
Its a temperature issue, I had the same problem, your batts are too cold... latest firmware kinda helps though as its not as restrictive..

Its a temperature issue, I had the same problem, your batts are too cold... latest firmware kinda helps though as its not as restrictive..
Looks like you are correct. My batteries were at 8 ℃. Flashing new firmware helped.
Thank you!

Hello! I'v got 10 pcs of E-BOX-48100R-C
Flashed new firmware to all of them (Main Soft version : SPBMS16SRP2203V1.5.18.C8)
I have an issue connecting more than 8 batteries. If I have master and 7 slaves - they work perfect. But if I want to connect all 10 together - master battery continuously trying to issue addresses. Here what I see in console and it does not stop:

Master recv slave req addr @ non Wait slave req addr state

Master recv req addr cmd, and send addr to slave

Anybody can help? Maybe there is some setting to tell master that he has to work with 9 slaves ?

8 in parallel max. You need a HUB
Omg :) Thanks for fast answer. What kind of hub is this? Any standard RS232 hub or some specific? By the way, the paper manual which came with the battery says "Multiple batteries (Max number 14)"...

Wow. Nice. What does your setup look like? Are you using bus bars?. How about over current protection?
Bus bars - yes, as for over current - I rely on my invertor - it has protection inside. I'm using 3x of Deye SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU

Attachments

• 20230224_162810.jpg
    20230224_162810.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230224_162841.jpg
    20230224_162841.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 67
Found firmware supporting up to 16 batteries. Flashed this:
bootloaderv1.11_GD32F307xC.bin
SPBMS16SRP2205V1.5.2.C16-RAW.bin
And it works great!
Is there a firmware archive somewhere? pytesusa.com has a downloads section but no firmware listed.

I'm looking for firmware for the V1.0 units (Rev A?)

Bus bars - yes, as for over current - I rely on my invertor - it has protection inside. I'm using 3x of Deye SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU
Wow, that is a really nice setup. I'm definitely not an expert, but from the morsels of information I've gathered on this forum I would think you need additional over current protection as all those batteries can end up flowing through one wire in a short since they are paralleled.

Need help!
I have two E-box 48100R rev C and two rev B. I've upgraded to last firmware, but accidentally download firmware for rev C to one of rev B. Now bootloader starts, initializing, erasing EEPROM and start flashing with errors. This lead to endless cycle, and I can't stop it even with send a break command via Hyper terminal. Any suggestions...?

Need help!
I have two E-box 48100R rev C and two rev B. I've upgraded to last firmware, but accidentally download firmware for rev C to one of rev B. Now bootloader starts, initializing, erasing EEPROM and start flashing with errors. This lead to endless cycle, and I can't stop it even with send a break command via Hyper terminal. Any suggestions...?
Some did this recently and resolved it.. see solution below..

This instruction worked after all
1: serial cable connected, terminal (securecrt in my case) ready to go
2: switch on power button
3: type the letters DLG
I did so be hand, earlier attempts on pasting in the word didnt work
4: magically the updata prompt appeared
5: xmodem the right firmware
6: reboot
7: reenter the barcode (it showed empty on the ‘info’ command)
Login debug
tbar <barcode>
8: done!

Many thanks! I'll try when I'm going home.

Edit: It works like a charm! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back