diy solar

diy solar

DLG E-BOX 48100R, testing and tinkering.

I have made a small device with an esp8266 to read the data and send it to my SMH (SmartHome). I just finished the electronics and 80% of the codding. Similar to WifiShine. I will let you know when it`s done!
I'm also looking for a solution with esp8266 to read the Pytes batteries and transfer them to homeAssistant. which interface do you use? can you share it with me - I'm happy to test it too Christian

I'm also looking for a solution with esp8266 to read the Pytes batteries and transfer them to homeAssistant. which interface do you use? can you share it with me - I'm happy to test it too Christian
Hi Christian, i`m using the rs232 with a ttl to usb module conected on tx and rx of esp8266. I`m reading the info from the master battery and sending all the info to my smart home.
/* As info */
For the moment i`m still having the issues with the batteries, pytes (DLG) promised replacement but for the moment that has not happend.
They keep telling me to wait. Two days ago the master battery reported SysError after much search on the system the reported error seems to be MOS Failed

This is a small amount of graphs. If you are intrested on sommething in special i could have it! Look at charge and discharge.
1 and 2 are bougth together and 3 and 4 together.

Attachments

• current_batteries_aggregate.png
    current_batteries_aggregate.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 15
  • soc_agg.png
    soc_agg.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 15
  • pb4c.png
    pb4c.png
    10 KB · Views: 12
  • pb3c.png
    pb3c.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 10
  • pb2c.png
    pb2c.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 9
  • pb1c.png
    pb1c.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 11
  • gtbatusage.png
    gtbatusage.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 10
  • growatt_two_charge_discharge.png
    growatt_two_charge_discharge.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 10
  • growatt_one_charge_discharge.png
    growatt_one_charge_discharge.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 10
  • gobatusage.png
    gobatusage.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 13
Hey Guys,
I need some urgent help here, got 3 pytes batteries , 2 with the same soft Main Soft version : SPBMS6SRP2110V1.1

tried to update them both with the file here both are on ALM now... no idea what to do.
Both are reporting condition 4 - 100 percent

My 3rd one is with new soft

SPBMS16SRP2111V1.3.2

tried to pull that software down and use it but instead stuck the battery in:

BootLoader soft version: V1.6

Updata is ready!

Program start!

Any help will be gladly appreciated !

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
I need some urgent help here, got 3 pytes batteries , 2 with the same soft Main Soft version : SPBMS6SRP2110V1.1

tried to update them both with the file here both are on ALM now... no idea what to do.
Both are reporting condition 4 - 100 percent

My 3rd one is with new soft

SPBMS16SRP2111V1.3.2

tried to pull that software down and use it but instead stuck the battery in:

BootLoader soft version: V1.6

Updata is ready!

Program start!

Any help will be gladly appreciated !
Have you reset the batteries after update?
Let's talk on whatsupp

Hi Christian, i`m using the rs232 with a ttl to usb module conected on tx and rx of esp8266. I`m reading the info from the master battery and sending all the info to my smart home.
/* As info */
For the moment i`m still having the issues with the batteries, pytes (DLG) promised replacement but for the moment that has not happend.
They keep telling me to wait. Two days ago the master battery reported SysError after much search on the system the reported error seems to be MOS Failed
can you share your solution with us or did you publish it somewhere? thanks
Christian

can you share your solution with us or did you publish it somewhere? thanks
Christian
Hi Christian, sorry i did not publish anywhere,i`ve made it work but i had to leave that location and it got left there.
When i will go back i will try to put the schematic here.

there is anybody that can post real example on how the syntax for commands with arguments should looks?
example for:

datalist {event/history/misc}{item/{bat}[batnun]{volt/curr/temp/coul}{item}}

Last edited:
Hey guys, if you need to read data from RS232 port of Pytes batteries, i writed a small python code.
How does this code work?
"pwr 1....8 " command is used. Program reads PYTES serial with a specific frequency, parsing the data and saving a JSON file that can be used in further automation (i.e HomeAssistant). Optional, with proper configuration, it is the possibility to save data to MariaDB database.

Works with Pytes and Pylontech (limited tests).
Posted on GitHub here: pytes_serial

Hey guys, if you need to read data from RS232 port of Pytes batteries, i writed a small python code.
How does this code work?
"pwr 1....8 " command is used. Program reads PYTES serial with a specific frequency, parsing the data and saving a JSON file that can be used in further automation (i.e HomeAssistant). Optional, with proper configuration, it is the possibility to save data to MariaDB database.

Works with Pytes and Pylontech (limited tests).
Posted on GitHub here: pytes_serial
Is there also an option to change parameters with it, like max charge/discharge current. I have a strange issue with DLG ebox where the inverter charger gets the 50amps max charge discharge values from the BMS over CAN and would not restrict to the settings that I have put in the inverter. ..

Is there also an option to change parameters with it, like max charge/discharge current. I have a strange issue with DLG ebox where the inverter charger gets the 50amps max charge discharge values from the BMS over CAN and would not restrict to the settings that I have put in the inverter. ..
I would not recomend messing with the values!

I would not recomend messing with the values!
I agree, makers safe setup is preferable, however for my specific dyi i need to increase the safety margin and decrease the max allowable charging and discharging currents. I have done it on other bms controllers, but this is still new for me and that is why I asked here.

What inverter are you using that doesn't honor the maximum charging amps setting?

I have another issue with the batteries. They are now charging around 0.8 Amps if i reset them for around 5 min i get 11 Amps or anything more then 0.8 but after a while they go back to that value.
They have the same slow rate of charge even when charging from the grid

Attachments

• graph_image_2022_10_19.png
    graph_image_2022_10_19.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 3
Found the issue the bms sends to the invertor that the recomanded current should be 5A. Insane! I have already contacted pytes. If you see slow charge and you know that you have power for charging more, go to console do login debug and after do pwrsys and see recomended current charge. After a reset the problem was temporary solved!

Attachments

• IMG-20221021-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20221021-WA0041.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20221021-WA0048.jpeg
    IMG-20221021-WA0048.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20221021-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20221021-WA0004.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-20221021-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20221021-WA0005.jpg