diy solar

diy solar

Does this schematic of my project contain planning errors?

There's a voltage drop calculator in my signature. Use it to determine the wire size you need. At first glance, it serms like 2/0 is overkill for your MPPT-battery connection. Note that length means the total length of the circuit round trip (bat pos to load pos, load neg to bat neg). So for instance, if battery is 10 ft from inverter, round trip is 20 ft.

The load negative needs to be connected to the other battery negative post in order to keep the bank balanced. Otherwise you'll draw and charge more from the first 24V battery in that parallel bank.

Search the forum for ways to wire parallel batteries. There are multiple examples. What I describe is the "diagonal" approach.
Thank you. How about the fuses? Do they see about right? Is there a good how-to manual for figuring out the appropriate fuses for the different parts? Thanks again.

Thank you. How about the fuses? Do they see about right? Is there a good how-to manual for figuring out the appropriate fuses for the different parts? Thanks again.
Fuses are to protect wires. If a device manual calls for a 250A fuse, size your wire and fuse accordingly. Otherwise, 2000W / 24V plus 25% headroom is a suitable rule of thumb for determining fuse and wire size. You may even want to account for an additional 10% inefficiency if you plan on pushing the device to its limit regularly. If you plan on doing that, though, you may want to consider a better inverter. Regardless, always consult the manual. They ususlly tell you what you need.

Back