diy solar

diy solar

Duracell power station/ solar generator $399 at costco

I'd be tempted to make a project out of it - removing the "Features an AGM Sealed Lead-Acid 660 Wh/55Ah (12v) Battery." and "dropping" in a LiFe battery :)

I'd be tempted to make a project out of it - removing the "Features an AGM Sealed Lead-Acid 660 Wh/55Ah (12v) Battery." and "dropping" in a LiFe battery :)
OMG it has agm battery?? That is ridiculous. I thought it at least has lithium ion. So they claiming the capacity is 55ah , but we know that it is not good idea to drain agm batteries more than 50% of its capacity. so basically you would get 27ah useable amps. Also , it would be pretty heavy:)

Yeah that's what I thought - saw that info [re: the battery chem] here https://www.earthtechproducts.com/duracell-powersource-1800.html and here https://www.alliancemro.com/DR660PSS-Duracell-PowerSource-660-Gasless-Generator.

I guess that's why it's cheap - selling off old tech?
may be but not sure:) it is $699 on duraclle's own website, but costco always have great deals. Also, costcos return policy and customer service is great at least in my area. But having agm battery in portable station is ridiculous.

Yes, it would be a great project to swab the battery with lifepo4 , but who wants to pay $400 for the unit without a battery:). The most i would pay $200. But given short life of agm batteries, we might see a lot of units with dead batteries soon. And that would be a great project and probably can buy it very cheap:)

My COSTCO has this on the shelf, this thing is really heavy, I would not call this thing portable.
Not worth the money for the unit with AGM batteries, It looks like they are trying to clear out the stock.

Last edited:
Not to mention you have to configure and/or swap out controller for lfe charging...more money. Pretty much rebuilding the system. Are it’s solar panels worth $400?

you can buy 100AH of lithium cells and a 1000w inverter/charger hyrbid for less

Back