diy solar

diy solar

eBike charging questions from complete newbie

Consider charging your electric bike during off-peak times when electricity rates are lower if your electricity provider offers time-of-use pricing. Your charge expenses may be reduced as a result.
This thread is about charging an e-bike using solar panels, not a plug-in charger. For that purpose, my timing is driven by the weather and position of the sun.

Plus, for plug-in charging, the rate difference is insignificant unless you're charging like 100 bike batteries. I have a 48V / 22 Ah battery. So 'full' is just over 1000 watt hours, meaning 1 kilo-watt-hour.

I don't know what you pay for electricity, but for me, this only costs a few pennies. Saving (say) 30% for 'off-hour' rates wouldn't make much difference. Folks forget how cheap electricity is -- it's a big reason for the uptake in all manner of e-vehicles.

Consider charging your electric bike during off-peak times when electricity rates are lower if your electricity provider offers time-of-use pricing. Your charge expenses may be reduced as a result.
My guess is you are randomly responding to topics with gpt generated responses, because ya don't seem to be reading the questions in the threads ya respond to..

Back