diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 18kpv ct sensor problem

Reginald Moore

I am new to the Forum. I have just installed a ag4 18K PV to replace some voltronics inverters that didn't work. Has anyone had problems with the CT sensors for the 18K PV breaking? I opened up the clamp on sensor and pieces started falling out. Ag4 said they will replace them but it's been two weeks and they haven't sent them yet. Is the material inside the sensor breaking a common occurrence?

Plastic or ceramic pieces? Either way shouldn’t happen.The vendor you bought them from should be the ones to replace them, but keep poking EG4 and the vendor. (Who was the vendor, they may have a rep on here?)

Thank you for your input.

The pieces coming out of CT sensor might be ceramic, because the pieces looked very brittle.

I purchased my eg4 from Ben's Deals in Kingman Arizona. He is somehow affiliated with signature solar. Signature solar has been very helpful with the setup of the inverter and also contacting eg4 order the replacement CT sensors.

Some pictures of the broken CT
If you want to get them going, you might try gluing them back together, regular ferrites tend to work if you glue them back together. I would only use that as a temporary solution, and then results might be a little different, but at least you would get them functional.

I am new to the Forum. I have just installed a ag4 18K PV to replace some voltronics inverters that didn't work. Has anyone had problems with the CT sensors for the 18K PV breaking? I opened up the clamp on sensor and pieces started falling out. Ag4 said they will replace them but it's been two weeks and they haven't sent them yet. Is the material inside the sensor breaking a common occurrence?
I apologize for the inconvenience; I have escalated this issue, and you should be receiving them this weekend or next week.

Eric, thank you for escalating this issue with getting new CTs.

It has been 2 more weeks and I do not have the CTs nor have I heard anything from EG4 about when I might get them. I don't know if they are back ordered or what's going on.

I'm hoping to get the new and improved version CTs. My 18K PV inverter is not working properly until I get the new CTs.

I am very disappointed with how long it's taking to get this resolved.

Reginald

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay in delivering your parts. I assure you that EG4 does not operate this way.
Unfortunately, we encountered an issue that has caused this delay. I know this can be frustrating, but please be assured that we are working diligently to resolve the matter and get your parts to you as quickly as possible.

diy solar

diy solar
Back