diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kpv password & setup issues.

catorockwell

I have recently upgraded to the 18kpv from the EG6500ex's. I have the eg4ll batteries, but last years model, not the new one. two problems so far in setup:
1. my system is unable to connect to the batteries. I read that I have to do a firmware update on each of them.
2. In the meantime, I was going to switch my battery type to lead/acid so I could get power going. However, when I go to change any settings it asks for a password. I cannot find this password anywhere & I never set one up. Does anyone know what the default passwords on these are?

I have recently upgraded to the 18kpv from the EG6500ex's. I have the eg4ll batteries, but last years model, not the new one. two problems so far in setup:
1. my system is unable to connect to the batteries. I read that I have to do a firmware update on each of them.
2. In the meantime, I was going to switch my battery type to lead/acid so I could get power going. However, when I go to change any settings it asks for a password. I cannot find this password anywhere & I never set one up. Does anyone know what the default passwords on these are?
Try 00000. This is what it shows in the manual. Let me know if it helps.

It did help thank you. Now I just need to figure out the Alarm I'm getting that says Trip by no AC.

I know that setting the battery type to lead/acid allows the system to function until I can get the adapter cord to update the firmware on my v1 LL's. Are there any other settings I need to adjust? I'm offgrid.

Problem resolved. Got on the phone today with Signature. they logged in, got everything squared away for now.

For anyone else who ran into similar issues I'll share this:
The cord for updating firmware on the EG4LL v1 & v2 batteries, is not the same as the one used for updating firmware on the 6500ex's.

Once you have updated the battery firmware, you'll need to choose the EG4-LUX protocol on the master battery.

Back