diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV Q+A general thread

If your problem is charging with grid without enabling ac charge, is a setting error, if setting error we don’t recommend updating the system, if inverter is working.
Can you take pics under charge menu and advanced menu?

what firmware are you on? FAAB-1010, FAAB-1011, fAAB-1010, fAAB-1011 don't have grid assist unless you enable grid sell.
make sure when you are not using battery closed communication with the inverter you must select Battery charge/discharge control: VOLT not SOC.
CHARGE FIRST (PV) is when you don't want to discharge the battery to support the load.
if you are using Battery charge/discharge control: VOLT and you don't want to charge the battery from the grid, when On Grid Cut Off is reach, make sure the Derate Vbatt (V) is 1 volt less than the On Grid Cut Off.
If you are using SOC, try setting the On Grid Cut Off (20%) higher than the Off Grid Cut Off (15%)..
No grid assist unless grid sell? Will you elaborate please? Maybe I am not understanding the grid assistance term. When I reset the inverter it seems to transfer over when grid is disconnected to inverter mode. And during higher loads the grid definitely helps out. More than I think it should lol. It seems to definitely default to grid a lot rather than battery until mppt catches up with load.

But it is seamless so I can not really complain.

Is there a way to adjust lead batt charge and float above 56v and 54v? If I try and make it any higher it fails to set.

If your problem is charging with grid without enabling ac charge, is a setting error, if setting error we don’t recommend updating the system, if inverter is working.
Can you take pics under charge menu and advanced menu?
Also it only charges from grid at night when pv is done.

Attachments

• IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 14
No grid assist unless grid sell? Will you elaborate please? Maybe I am not understanding the grid assistance term. When I reset the inverter it seems to transfer over when grid is disconnected to inverter mode. And during higher loads the grid definitely helps out. More than I think it should lol. It seems to definitely default to grid a lot rather than battery until mppt catches up with load.

But it is seamless so I can not really complain.
With grid assist the transfer from grid to battery and battery to grid is seamless, if seamless is checked under advanced menu.
Grid assist also help alot when there’s imbalance between L1&L2 or starting a heavy load like central Air conditioner 2-5 ton, air compressor and ect.
Is there a way to adjust lead batt charge and float above 56v and 54v? If I try and make it any higher it fails to set.
Make sure you set the absorb first to 56v and then the float to 54v.
Can you take pictures all charge and advanced menus? Thanks

With grid assist the transfer from grid to battery and battery to grid is seamless, if seamless is checked under advanced menu.
Grid assist also help alot when there’s imbalance between L1&L2 or starting a heavy load like central Air conditioner 2-5 ton, air compressor and ect.

It does do that but I do not have grid sell checked so you through me off there.

It just doesn’t transfer over when at night or? Its day I just pulled the grid breaker and it transferred. But seems I have to rest the inverter for it to work properly again when grid goes down at night.

Attachments

• IMG_4767.jpeg
    IMG_4767.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4765.jpeg
    IMG_4765.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4764.jpeg
    IMG_4764.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4763.jpeg
    IMG_4763.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 17
It does do that but I do not have grid sell checked so you through me off there.
Grid assist and grid sell isn’t the same.
It just doesn’t transfer over when at night or? Its day I just pulled the grid breaker and it transferred. But seems I have to rest the inverter for it to work properly again when grid goes down at night.
I think because you check the Run Without Grid Under advanced menu. Aren’t you connected to the grid? If yes unchecked the box…

The unit seems to prioritize grid a lot. For example it jumps from pulling from grid to not constantly. And every time it pulls from grid it drops the pv production. Rinse and repeat. Its not cloud cover nor battery capacity issue. It just swings all the time. If I turn of grid input its stable producing pv power and pulling from battery. I probably should have gone with off grid units. This aio unit seemed awesome for the 200a pass through and grid assist for loads greater than 12kw. But it really likes the grid. I pull way more kwh from pv with grid disconnected. W

hy does mppt jump around so much vs locked in when off grid?

Last edited:
Grid assist and grid sell isn’t the same.

I think because you check the Run Without Grid Under advanced menu. Aren’t you connected to the grid? If yes unchecked the box…
Are you sure about this? When unchecked and grid is off it gives a warning vs with it checked on.

Also how can we adjust open loop voltage charge settings other than 56 and 54? Setting fail every time.

If low batt alarm is keeping the inverter from switching when grid loss, do we have to manually reset the inverter for it to work correctly again? If running open loop how would it not have a low battery alarm? The inverter is what sets the low v discharge limit.

Are you sure about this? When unchecked and grid is off it gives a warning vs with it checked on.

Also how can we adjust open loop voltage charge settings other than 56 and 54? Setting fail every time.

If low batt alarm is keeping the inverter from switching when grid loss, do we have to manually reset the inverter for it to work correctly again? If running open loop how would it not have a low battery alarm? The inverter is what sets the low v discharge limit.
Sense you and I are using the same firmware version and build, are you feeding the grid?

Not being able to adjust “open loop lead acid” charge voltage is frustrating. User end should have some adjustments. And what is with the 20 different “lithium brands” settings? How would anyone know what to use or what the differences are?

Attachments

• IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 15
Did anyone else's come FedEx home delivery? Mine is showing out for delivery but I doubt its actually coming due to its weight I had it shipped to my work address for ease of unloading, my original 6500's were shipped this way and they would never deliver them I had to re route them to a Walgreens for pick up after 2 days of them supposedly being out for delivery.

is your inverter Connected to the grid?
Of course you want the inverter to give you a warning if the ac input is disconnected or power outage.
Under charge menu absorb and float (40-59v)
If low batt alarm is keeping the inverter from switching when grid loss, do we have to manually reset the inverter for it to work correctly again?
Theres 2 setting On Grid cut off voltage set this as a daily routine to transfer from battery to grid to support the load. Off Grid cut off set this the lowest and safely to discharge your battery. This must be higher voltage than you bms lower voltage cut off to prevent turning off the inverter.
If running open loop how would it not have a low battery alarm? The inverter is what sets the low v discharge limit.

Not being able to adjust “open loop lead acid” charge voltage is frustrating. User end should have some adjustments. And what is with the 20 different “lithium brands” settings? How would anyone know what to use or what the differences are?
You don’t have to worry about this if your battery is not closed communication with the inverter

Well it was a question I had too because I was trying to get a Felicity solar batteries to communicate with it and could not no matter which one I tried, and of course every time you set the battery you have to go through a power cycle which is quite annoying. Try doing all this in a 95° garage and you will have questions too.

Well it was a question I had too because I was trying to get a Felicity solar batteries to communicate with it and could not no matter which one I tried, and of course every time you set the battery you have to go through a power cycle which is quite annoying. Try doing all this in a 95° garage and you will have questions too.
You must find out what set protocol of your battery, (with felicity Bms software) most common is Pylon protocol. You can start trying lithium 0, or lithium 2.

Back