diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV Q+A general thread

Yeah I'm super confused what's going on right now.

Now the "normal" light isn't lit up, but it's still outputting power... what the heck is happening here.

PXL_20240107_174701478.jpg

Hmm, apparently I need the installer code for signature solar to be able to register it. I've connected it to my cabin wifi, but can't seem to do anything with it

Also it appears that it's running as a UPS, which I don't want it to do, I want it to be running as the primary so that it powers my loads from battery and solar first before grid. I must be missing a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out what the heck I should change.

You should be able to connect direct to the dongle, but yes, engage support for your initial install, they can get your initial settings working. I don't run mine grid-tied so I'm not sure on that aspect, everything of mine goes out the load port.

Installer code is "Signature"
Then I'm curious about what firmware version it is shipped with but you should upgrade to what is currently available to you in the app after you've got it connected up.

Why? Voltage is OK, dunno how much battery is sitting behind it.
Maybe it’s nothing, but my charge rate drastically cuts back at 93%, more at 96%, more at 98%. 1704657145548.png

Attachments

• IMG_4610.png
    IMG_4610.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4611.png
    IMG_4611.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4612.png
    IMG_4612.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 10
Any confirmed installs of 18kpv in three phase yet? Not sure I would consider such a new product for my planned install but still interested to know if this AIO has been put through the three phase ringer yet…

Update for the rest of the class here: I was able to get the firmware updated to the latest, and then the settings seemed to start working afterwards. Although the setting isn't clear, it's now running as solar first, followed by battery, then grid if/when needed.

On the screen, this results in being marked as "Backup Power" or "UPS" aka "EPS."

I'm a little annoyed about how the menu options seem really obtuse and non-obvious.

Has anyone made a quick start guide or YouTube video that dumbs down the settings into more easily understood explanations? :)
I made a simple generator settings video for the 6000xp. (In response to a YouTube question.)

Is this what you are looking for? If so, I can make similar videos for the 18Kpv.

Your right, bro, and please don't call me names.
Jarrett is a solid dude. Really nice guy and even sent me a thumb drive, personally, to get the latest firmware going as I couldn't get the goddamn original dongle to work to save my life. He also sent a different dongle and it worked with little effort. Damn near plugged itself in.
I am a happy camper and I'm truly glad that I made the decision to spend my $ with Sig. Solar. Between Kodi answering every little stupid question I had, sometimes twice, and Jarrett making it whole, I feel great about what I've done.
I’m having this same issue. Runs great in off grid mode, second I try to let it export, it begins switching back and forth between drawing from grid for a short period and back to running as it should.

I’m having this same issue. Runs great in off grid mode, second I try to let it export, it begins switching back and forth between drawing from grid for a short period and back to running as it should.
Where are your CTs located?

I originally had them located near the feeder tap as per the diagram on Page 38. 1 set connected to the Master inverter. SS had me place them (all 3) in each inverter. That slowed the occurrences, but still happening. I have 3 18kpvs in parallel wired up just like the diagram on page 38 except no generator.

Firmware version and settings please.
Firmware is 1312. here are the settings with the exception that "Off Grid Mode" is disabled when I try to export back to grid and the switching happens.

Attachments

• IMG_5620.jpeg
    IMG_5620.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5619.jpeg
    IMG_5619.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5618.jpeg
    IMG_5618.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5617.jpeg
    IMG_5617.jpeg