diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000 Xp into Victron VRM using Raspberry Pi.

PotusGobbleBottom

Corn Pop was a bad dude.
Anyone have any ideas? I think this would be the ultimate for those of us with Victron SCCs while also using the MPPTS on the 6000xp.

Is it a pipe dream to have all MPPTS on the same 3rd party monitor screen?

I know home assistant is an idea but, how to get both a Victron SCC and the eg4 on to that?

I don't see how. VRM is not particularly flexible.
Flexible enough to let people use Venus on a raspberry pi tho. That alone seems huge to me. Their VRM software is awesome.

How do you think I can get my 6000xp Mppts and my victron SCC numbers into the same graph or different graphs with a sum total? I have been using the smart shunt to total everything but this is a sum of energy into the batts that has a weak correlation to solar input depending on battery load at any time.

Flexible enough to let people use Venus on a raspberry pi tho. That alone seems huge to me. Their VRM software is awesome.

VenusOS is effectively open source, so if you're capable of writing your own drivers, sure, you have an option; however, this means you would need to connect via an acceptable method and translate the data from one to the other. If you're fluent in communication protocols and programming, sure, it's a piece of cake. If this is beyond your expertise, you have to wait until someone with that expertise wants the same thing you do in the way you want it.

How do you think I can get my 6000xp Mppts and my victron SCC numbers into the same graph or different graphs with a sum total? I have been using the smart shunt to total everything but this is a sum of energy into the batts that has a weak correlation to solar input depending on battery load at any time.

See above.

VenusOS is effectively open source, so if you're capable of writing your own drivers, sure, you have an option; however, this means you would need to connect via an acceptable method and translate the data from one to the other. If you're fluent in communication protocols and programming, sure, it's a piece of cake. If this is beyond your expertise, you have to wait until someone with that expertise wants the same thing you do in the way you want it.

See above.
Thank you. I am starting to work with esp32 and arduino. It is certainly beyond my scope at the moment.

Back