diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 ex error 6P sending 4 volts to the batteries??

Ductgsxr

Hello all, I have been running the EG4 6500ex for a couple of weeks now then all of a sudden it started showing 0 battery voltage. I have 4 valence 12volt batteries wired in series. At first I thought it was an issue with the batteries. so I switched to another 48-volt battery. I had to reset it a few times then it started working again. Then the unit shut down again. I found out that the EG4 6500 was sending 4 volts out to the batteries which obviously they didn't like. It doesn't matter what battery I put on it. It will not stop trying to push out 4 volts. (It's also sending 30 volts out to each PV leg which I am not sure if that's normal or not. I've disconnected them for now.) I've disconnected the EG4 from the AC input and it just shuts down. I try to use the resister to charge up the capacitors and hook up the batteries again which are reading fine at 49 volts, but it will not start with any battery. it has to be on AC power. I switch it on and it keeps saying error 6P. I ran for over a year with my Growatt so the EG4 is new to me but currently not very happy. I think something is wrong with the EG4 and wondering how much of a nightmare is it gonna be to return this or warranty it.

Anyone else having this issue?

Found out one of my 2 battery cells has died. Which put the eg4 in a protective type of mode. then ABSOLUTELY required a resister to charge up the capacitors before another battery would connect properly.

Hello all, I have been running the EG4 6500ex for a couple of weeks now then all of a sudden it started showing 0 battery voltage. I have 4 valence 12volt batteries wired in series. At first I thought it was an issue with the batteries. so I switched to another 48-volt battery. I had to reset it a few times then it started working again. Then the unit shut down again. I found out that the EG4 6500 was sending 4 volts out to the batteries which obviously they didn't like. It doesn't matter what battery I put on it. It will not stop trying to push out 4 volts. (It's also sending 30 volts out to each PV leg which I am not sure if that's normal or not. I've disconnected them for now.) I've disconnected the EG4 from the AC input and it just shuts down. I try to use the resister to charge up the capacitors and hook up the batteries again which are reading fine at 49 volts, but it will not start with any battery. it has to be on AC power. I switch it on and it keeps saying error 6P. I ran for over a year with my Growatt so the EG4 is new to me but currently not very happy. I think something is wrong with the EG4 and wondering how much of a nightmare is it gonna be to return this or warranty it.

Anyone else having this issue?
Yes I am having the same issues with EG4 inverter ex 6000 and battery.

I have a circumstance similar , at least in so far as the 6p error. I can't confirm that the unit is trying to send out voltage when it is in this failure mode - but my circumstance was documented in detail on this forum at https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-6500-w-eg4-ll-v2-battery-bank-troubleshooting.52069/

I am using Factory EG4 LL batteries and after successfully running for ~3 days one of the 2 units tripped it's signature solar breaker (from the battery to the inverter master unit. Now unit won't power up from the batteries and when started from solar etc it shows a 6p error. Additionally the attached eg4 ll v2 batteries immediately fault out and display protection on their LCD screens. I've engaged with signature solar and performed exhaustive testing of Ohm's readings etc and for my system at least it appears it developed a short internally with the positive and negative battery legs.

Try powering everything down, disconnect batteries and let it sit for 15min. Then use one battery with a resistor as noted in post above. If it doesn't work, try same with the other battery.

You need to eliminate the batteries (or a single cell) as the culprit.

Random thought. You could test each battery resistance while disconnected and see if they match.

Back