diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX AC Wiring Size

Henderson

Solar Enthusiast
Hi all. Is anyone using 4 AWG for the ac input and output terminals for the eg4 6500EX inverters, and if so, how are you getting that size wire to fit? 6AWG fits perfectly but 4AWG it feels impossible.

This may be helpful.

Attachments

• BURNDY _CopperPinAdapter_CatCut.pdf
    362.8 KB · Views: 9
The newer models have larger input terminals. But either way, 4awg wire does fit. It’s just a pain in the butt. If you have your wires bent correctly before bringing them in to the terminal it helps. Also using needle noses pliers to help pull the wire upwards makes it easier.

I wish I had thought about using a pin like @BentleyJ suggested. But yeah, as Gavin says, they will go in there but they are an absolute pain. I used the same process with needle nose pliers and eventually got them seated. Be careful about tightening the lugs on those. The clamshell appears to be pot metal and it can break easily. Mine are MPP LX6548 but they are the same as the EX6500 as far as I can tell.

Hi all. Is anyone using 4 AWG for the ac input and output terminals for the eg4 6500EX inverters, and if so, how are you getting that size wire to fit? 6AWG fits perfectly but 4AWG it feels impossible.
4 AWG fits in the the older size terminals, you have to work it a bit but they definitely will go in. Don't over-tighten as the clamp will break, I found this out the hard way. You can get another terminal if this happens but it is a pain.

diy solar

diy solar
Back