diy solar

diy solar

EG4 battery floating at 58.4V

marksrig

Just passing through this old world.
So I guess I don't understand this.
EG4 6500ex in phase 180*
3 Lifepower4 batteries.

I disconnected and individually charged each battery with the EG4 charger to top them off. BMS_test was saying 2 of them were around 99.4%. After charging all were 100% but when I restarted everything, the inverters immediately tried charging them.
Looking in the menu, I see bulk is 58.4 and float was also 58.4.
I'm using EG4/USE for #5 and can't change them. I have the latest firmware in everything.
I did try putting both inverters in USE and setting the float to 54v and it seemed to help it to stop charging finally, but is this safe to run this way? I left bulk at 58.4 volts so it can equalize the cells at full charge and this was also the setting in the inverter and also the same voltage the battery charger uses.

Help!

Thank you

That's what the BMS is requesting. So, it's perfectly normal. When using BMS communications, the BMS is in control.

That's what the BMS is requesting. So, it's perfectly normal. When using BMS communications, the BMS is in control.
So I don't understand why the BMS is trying to charge an already 100% battery. This is without loads on.

Thanks

It seems like since float and bulk are the same, it would never stop trying to charge and in fact thats what happens. The battery symbol is always flashing. With both on USE it stopped and the CHG light is solid now.

So I don't understand why the BMS is trying to charge an already 100% battery. This is without loads on.

Thanks
It won't stop charging until it reaches 58.4v.
That's the voltage of the fully charged battery, while charging. Fully charged resting voltage is 54.4v.
And fully charged while discharging is lower.

So I guess I don't understand this.
EG4 6500ex in phase 180*
3 Lifepower4 batteries.

I disconnected and individually charged each battery with the EG4 charger to top them off. BMS_test was saying 2 of them were around 99.4%. After charging all were 100% but when I restarted everything, the inverters immediately tried charging them.
Looking in the menu, I see bulk is 58.4 and float was also 58.4.
I'm using EG4/USE for #5 and can't change them. I have the latest firmware in everything.
I did try putting both inverters in USE and setting the float to 54v and it seemed to help it to stop charging finally, but is this safe to run this way? I left bulk at 58.4 volts so it can equalize the cells at full charge and this was also the setting in the inverter and also the same voltage the battery charger uses.

Help!

Thank you
Have you used the new Lifepower firmware released a couple days ago?

I updated my firmware on Sunday. Not sure what version.

Well when I'm on EG4/USE, My charge voltage and float voltage is the same. 58.4v
Doesn't seem right.
I'm pretty sure I installed version 3.26

The new firmware is for top balancing the batteries to get them all to 100%. Are they faulting or is the inverter faulting?
No it's not faulting. It's just continuing to charge after I top balanced them with the stand alone EG4 charger. I've never seen these batteries not charging.

I charged them all to 100% and veriufied 100% with BMS_test. Started everything up and it went to charging them.
Does it just keep charging or stop eventually? There is a schneider firmware in that firmware package you can update the batteries with if you like the way it was before better.

The system is so new I dont hac=ve a before to compare to. I just noticed that it hasnt ever fully charged. Whe I did the USE/USE at 58.4 bulk and 54.4 float, things stopped charging and seemed to be working normal.
I've never seen these inverters not charging when in EG4/USE even with all my loads off all day and 4 lights on SOC

The system is so new I dont hac=ve a before to compare to. I just noticed that it hasnt ever fully charged. Whe I did the USE/USE at 58.4 bulk and 54.4 float, things stopped charging and seemed to be working normal.
I've never seen these inverters not charging when in EG4/USE even with all my loads off all day and 4 lights on SOC
Wow I can have someone contact you tomorrow if you like.

Ok. Something else since the firmware upgrade. I dont hear the capacitors charge when I turn the first battery on anymore. Before there were several clicks as it loaded the inverters caps. That's gone.

Back