diy solar

diy solar

EG4 battery floating at 58.4V

Ok. Something else since the firmware upgrade. I dont hear the capacitors charge when I turn the first battery on anymore. Before there were several clicks as it loaded the inverters caps. That's gone.
That must of been one of the original firmwares on the battery. good thing you updated it

Well I take part of that back. It wont charge when my solar is not putting out enough, but I guess that's an obvious fact.

So I didn't get a call today, but it's probably unnecessary. After sitting under the solar all day with no load, I think the inverters finally stopped charging the batteries. I've been watching the status via my WatchPower app and finally saw both inverters say 100% and no power being delivered to the batteries in the app. I went out in the garage and the CHG led's on both inverters arent blinking anymore and the words CHARGING are gone on the display. PV wattage is down around 120W each The 4 battery bars on the inverters are solid with no flashing.

A couple weird things I dont understand is the hexagon with the battery icon is still flashing on both inverters and 2p1 is flashing. Also the battery output on 2p1 shows anywhere from 1 watt to 13 watt output. I'm guessing it's top balancing and dissipating power.

Does this sound normal?

I guess the portable EG4 charger 100% and the inverters idea of full charge is very different.

So I found the flashing 2p1 means there was a battery alarm. Going into BMS_test, i see adress 0 and 2 have gone over voltage and shutdown charging. All addresses show 100% in BMS test. These batteries are new and havent rally had any full cycles on them.

PS. So I guess the flashing hexagon battery icon just shows the inverters are in comms with the battery. (unrelated)

So I found the flashing 2p1 means there was a battery alarm. Going into BMS_test, i see adress 0 and 2 have gone over voltage and shutdown charging. All addresses show 100% in BMS test. These batteries are new and havent rally had any full cycles on them.

PS. So I guess the flashing hexagon battery icon just shows the inverters are in comms with the battery. (unrelated)
All sounds good...working as designed.

Yes the 18 amp charger is a "dumb'ish" charger.

The inverters when in communication with the batteries will do as the BMS commands.

The flashing 2p1/2 simply means one or more of the batteries has a warning ⚠️.

You can if desired...check the batteries using the bms test (when fully charged) to verify that the batteries that are reporting a warning are still performing a top balance.

It has been a while since I posted and I was able to top balance and tonight I was testing my lower limits of the inverter SOC. I was watching the battery voltage with a volt meter while having a 2000 watt load going. The BMS test said it reached 0% as the inverters said, but I was barely in the 49 volt range on all three batteries. That was close enough for me. I wanted to see if the AC turned off when all three batteries SOC went to 0%. The AC was still on I'm guessing because the battery LVC wasn't at 0%, nor do I want it to go there.. Either way 49.7 volts under a load was definately on the down slope so I retired it until I can solar charge it in the morning. These batteries are really new so I'm wanting to break in the cells to get good capacity from the top and bottom. I hope I'm making sense.

hi,
I currently have my batteries set to 58v for High Battery Cut Out. I am on closed loop with Schneider xw pro and eg4. Should this be 58.4v? I don't see it mentioned in this doc:

Got this alarm today:

Cause: Battery voltage is (BattV), which is approaching the High Battery Cut Out level of (HBCO). Solution: Check battery cables. Check for the correct battery voltage at the inverter's DC input terminals. Make sure the DC source is regulated below the high battery cut out or increase the High Batt Cut Out setting.

Cause: Battery voltage is (BattV), which has exceeded the High Battery Cut Out level of (HBCO).Solution: The fault can occur when batteries are disconnected at theDC breaker while the inverter/charger is operating.Solution: Clear the fault and attempt restart. Make surebattery voltage is below 29 VDC (24 V system) or 58 VDC( 48 V system) at the inverter/charger DC input terminals.Check all other charging source outputs and battery cables.Make sure that batteries are connected or that your DCsource is regulated below your high battery cut out orincrease your Hi Batt Cut Out setting.

Other settings:

1701709639889.png

hi,
I currently have my batteries set to 58v for High Battery Cut Out. I am on closed loop with Schneider xw pro and eg4. Should this be 58.4v? I don't see it mentioned in this doc:

Got this alarm today:

Cause: Battery voltage is (BattV), which is approaching the High Battery Cut Out level of (HBCO). Solution: Check battery cables. Check for the correct battery voltage at the inverter's DC input terminals. Make sure the DC source is regulated below the high battery cut out or increase the High Batt Cut Out setting.

Cause: Battery voltage is (BattV), which has exceeded the High Battery Cut Out level of (HBCO).Solution: The fault can occur when batteries are disconnected at theDC breaker while the inverter/charger is operating.Solution: Clear the fault and attempt restart. Make surebattery voltage is below 29 VDC (24 V system) or 58 VDC( 48 V system) at the inverter/charger DC input terminals.Check all other charging source outputs and battery cables.Make sure that batteries are connected or that your DCsource is regulated below your high battery cut out orincrease your Hi Batt Cut Out setting.

Other settings:

View attachment 181143
Bring it down to 56.5v (57v at the most).

Edit: Correction you can raise the high voltage cutoff to 58.4v

hi,
:

View attachment 181143
You should look at updating the battery firmware.

Can you verify if you are using battery communication between the LIFEPOWER4 and Schneider

I see your bulk voltage is set at 56.2v so I'm not sure how the batteries would climb to 58v, unless you are using battery communication.

@Markus_EG4 is more familiar with Schneider

You should look at updating the battery firmware.

Can you verify if you are using battery communication between the LIFEPOWER4 and Schneider

I see your bulk voltage is set at 56.2v so I'm not sure how the batteries would climb to 58v, unless you are using battery communication.

@Markus_EG4 is more familiar with Schneider
I am on the latest on eg4 and xw pro and am using closed loop communication. Using SOC control. Does it use voltage when using SOC?

I am on the latest on eg4 and xw pro and am using closed loop communication. Using SOC control. Does it use voltage when using SOC?
Ok in that case set high voltage disconnect to 58.4v

I thought that all 3.32+ firmware was compatible with Schneider. *would need to verify that with EG4.

Ok in that case set high voltage disconnect to 58.4v

I thought that all 3.32+ firmware was compatible with Schneider. *would need to verify that with EG4.
Closed loop communication works for the most part. Its just that when it reaches the specified cutoff SOC, it gives me F49 error. This does not happen when I set the SOC cutoff to 99%. When I set to 100%, I get this fault. Thinking it is related to High Voltage cutoff. @Markus_EG4

Closed loop communication works for the most part. Its just that when it reaches the specified cutoff SOC, it gives me F49 error. This does not happen when I set the SOC cutoff to 99%. When I set to 100%, I get this fault. Thinking it is related to High Voltage cutoff. @Markus_EG4
I always recomend setting to 99% there are so many issues when setting to 100% with any battery in close loop. Not really issues more of bugs at that point

Did this satisfy your system and eliminate the shutdown due to high level battery cutout (HBCO)? I am having a similar issue it seems

@Markus_EG4 what the eg4 Schneider setup guide walks through inverter settings. What about the MPPT settings? Do you have any recommendations in regard to setting those up?

Did this satisfy your system and eliminate the shutdown due to high level battery cutout (HBCO)? I am having a similar issue it seems

@Markus_EG4 what the eg4 Schneider setup guide walks through inverter settings. What about the MPPT settings? Do you have any recommendations in regard to setting those up?
No Recommendation's for the Mppt that would be a schneider thing at that point

Back