diy solar

diy solar

EG4 chargeverter start stop when grid tied only

Barndo

I have 2 6000xp and a 14.2k power pro battery running amazing after a few adjustments I have no PV and my plan was to charge off a 30amp 240v grid tied circuit running to a bardo house. Just to find out I could not charge from grid and run heavy loads without tripping main breaker. So I decided to buy the EG4 Chargeverter to charge batteries, this worked out beautifully for charging and running loads without any issues. Now the problem is it will not stop charging batteries as long as there is power running to chargeverter. I found a couple treads mentioning a work around with a 240v AC contactor with 24v coil wired to a 24v transformer, however there is no details on how to wire this to the EG4 Chargeverters dry contacts to stop and start the charging. The 6000xp’s are communicating with the battery so my plan was to just set parameters to voltage instead of SOC. Any one able to post wiring details would be very helpful. Thanks for your time on this.

Attachments

• IMG_9384.png
    IMG_9384.png
    256.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9385.png
    IMG_9385.png
    334.6 KB · Views: 1
Now the problem is it will not stop charging batteries as long as there is power running to chargeverter.
It will only stop when either the set voltage is reached or the input power is removed (turned off).
Basically what you have currently setup (without any solar), is a large UPS.

Further clarification

All of your power comes from the grid (through the chargeverter and inverters).
The battery is just there to keep you going, if the grid goes down.

The main purpose is the battery and inverter runs all the heavy loads while only haveing a 30amp circuit from grid to charge batteries. I need the chargeverter to stop charging once reaching set stop voltage. But instead it will float until I unplug.

The main purpose is the battery and inverter runs all the heavy loads while only haveing a 30amp circuit from grid to charge batteries. I need the chargeverter to stop charging once reaching set stop voltage. But instead it will float until I unplug.
Also I need to add I’m on a 7 acre plot with another house using there grid and panel. So not to over load the original house I set this system up to run my house. Using a small 30amp 240v circuit. To charge batteries. I assumed the chargeverter would start and stop charging once it reaches the set voltage but as long as it has power it wants to charge or float.

It only charges until it reaches the set voltage.
Then it will float, without charging (no current flows).
Unless you are drawing a load. Then it will replace what you are using.
There's no reason to do it differently, unless you want to force your batteries to cycle. (I wouldn't)

diy solar

diy solar
Back