diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter

Targeted ads make me feel better because it means im being data-mined the most efficiently, and who doesn't love efficiency?!
I hear that, nothing like comparing power hitters like Lou Gehrig and Mickey Mantle to Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton with your buddies, then getting a nice add selling antique Yankees memorabilia pop up in your Facebook feed. Especially when you are from Texas and never even so much as googled the Yankees. (This happened last night)

I hear that, nothing like comparing power hitters like Lou Gehrig and Mickey Mantle to Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton with your buddies, then getting a nice add selling antique Yankees memorabilia pop up in your Facebook feed. Especially when you are from Texas and never even so much as googled the Yankees. (This happened last night)
Tried saying the words “new vacuum” in front of my phone a few times. Started getting adds pretty soon after

Check your twist lock strain relieved on your eg4 chargeverter. Mine seems not catching the ac cord sleeve properly, exposed wiring and need readjust.

20230303_100923.jpg

Curious why so many people are buying these? You'd need them in cases where the inverter won't charge.. but otherwise? Whats the typical use case?

For charging batteries with a smaller generator without having to use the inverter and deal with low voltage pass through. That would be my case for future purchase. In my case I run a pair of diesel 7.5kw generators that I rotate between. I can easily charge my batteries at 100 amps with these units but find 40 amps is about as high as I can go without drawing the voltage down to about 230v upon pass through and start running into issues with my appliances acting wonky and poor light output on my LED lighting. Using one of these chargers would allow me to charge the batteries quickly at high amperage, saving diesel costs and avoiding voltage distortion. Waiting for positive feedback once these units are in service for a while. I'm concerned by the specs that state 100 amp capability however they recommend 30 amp continuous and 85 amp max charge. I have SS's 25 amp charger a d that thing gets too hot for my liking.

Since this thread has been "all over the place", I'd like to jump in. Has anyone else had an issue with the current charge settings on your Chargeverter? No matter what I do, I cannot get my Chargeverter to charge any more than 50 amps into my 4 SOK server rack batteries (they are well below absorption V). I'm using a newer Yamaha 6300isde inverter gennie to supply the power via 240v twist lock power cord. No matter what amperage I set it to for charging, the Chargeverter cuts the current in half. Signature Solar is trying to say it must be my gennie putting out too much current @ 240v which is limiting the charger current to half?? I know the gennie 240v works properly because I've previously had it running my house thru an interlok. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Since this thread has been "all over the place", I'd like to jump in. Has anyone else had an issue with the current charge settings on your Chargeverter? No matter what I do, I cannot get my Chargeverter to charge any more than 50 amps into my 4 SOK server rack batteries (they are well below absorption V). I'm using a newer Yamaha 6300isde inverter gennie to supply the power via 240v twist lock power cord. No matter what amperage I set it to for charging, the Chargeverter cuts the current in half. Signature Solar is trying to say it must be my gennie putting out too much current @ 240v which is limiting the charger current to half?? I know the gennie 240v works properly because I've previously had it running my house thru an interlok. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
What voltage did you set the chargeverter at? Mine works as designed. Pushes 100 Amps.EG4 Chargerverter Test Max Rate.jpg

Curious why so many people are buying these? You'd need them in cases where the inverter won't charge.. but otherwise? Whats the typical use case?
I am still trying to figure out why a battery charger is called a "chargeverter". Though why the inverter is incapable of charging from a generator is a good question.

To me it sounds like the thing is only seeing 120v input. Make sure the plug isn't miswired.

I plan on keeping my chargeverter (charger) hooked to a grid source 24/7 and set the charge rate at 40 amps and 52.5 volts. Anytime the batteries drop below 52.5v the charger will kick in and supply up to 40 amps. 52.5v should be around 25-35% battery capacity.

@Mattb4 "Chargeverter" sounds like a marketing name from using an inverter board, setting it up without the inverter logic and safeties in a charge-only design, and configured to accept much dirtier incoming power, because it can.

Primary usecase is generators either too small to play nice with the system or with insufficiently clean power to safely be part of the AC grid you're forming. The double conversion, though a bit lossy, is an excellent line noise filter.

This thing can also happily accept any remotely stable AC grid voltage or generator in the world (i.e. wind turbine is probably too unstable, but most anything else that puts out AC is fine), and any brownouts will, at worst, just decrease the throughput.

For charging batteries with a smaller generator without having to use the inverter and deal with low voltage pass through. That would be my case for future purchase. In my case I run a pair of diesel 7.5kw generators that I rotate between. I can easily charge my batteries at 100 amps with these units but find 40 amps is about as high as I can go without drawing the voltage down to about 230v upon pass through and start running into issues with my appliances acting wonky and poor light output on my LED lighting. Using one of these chargers would allow me to charge the batteries quickly at high amperage, saving diesel costs and avoiding voltage distortion. Waiting for positive feedback once these units are in service for a while. I'm concerned by the specs that state 100 amp capability however they recommend 30 amp continuous and 85 amp max charge. I have SS's 25 amp charger a d that thing gets too hot for my liking.

That is the whole reason I do not run my generator that is connected to my solark thorugh the sol ark, I use a growatt 5000es as a charger with an alternate generator as seen in my signature video

@Mattb4 "Chargeverter" sounds like a marketing name from using an inverter board, setting it up without the inverter logic and safeties in a charge-only design, and configured to accept much dirtier incoming power, because it can.

Thanks for explaining. I guess they had to do something with all the Warranty returned AIO's. Repurpose them as chargers with a yellow paint job. :)

diy solar

diy solar
Back